09/2007
Country
US
State
PA
City
Altoona
Hello,
My husband was diagnosed three years ago with PLS. However, I am not so sure it has remained PLS. He has progressed a lot this passed year. He has clonus right foot, and now left also. He has babinsky in right knee and now left knee is buckeling. His right had is so week he can hardly write and he can't even open a ziplock bag with that hand. He was admitted in the hospital last month with spasms so bad in his left groin area that two shots of morphine did very little for him. His gait is terrible and he said his legs feel like they weigh 50 pounds each. He now is experiencing a cough. He had a cold several months ago and the cough never left. He took cough meds and even pills to stop the cough and nothing works. Is a cough something that is just next? Would appreciate any comments. Also, Katie Couric has been telling everyone since Sunday night that she will be doing a piece on Lou Gehrigs Disease and a possible cure. It was supposed to be on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday night news. Tonight she said tommorrow night. So what gives here? Thanks Gracie.

Are you talking of a tickle or a cough that brings up phlegm? Morning congestion that disappears in a few hours is associated with ALS. The phlegm is clear and there are no cold symptoms with it... no scratchy throat, swollen glands, or sore nose like you get with a cold. Rick has had this for several years before he was even diagnosed with ALS. He was a bachelor until less than 3 years ago, and he thought everyone sneezed and used a half a box of Kleenex every morning, until I told him differently. I believe it happens because of his breathing problems throughout the nights. The bipap machine isn't doing it. We know that because he did it before he ever had a machine.

We are also wondering what is up on this news flash that is supposed to be revealed soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back