Diagnosis
01/2015
Country
Uni
State
California
City
Anaheim
Hey all, I have been struggling with swelling and iritation around my tube 4 a few weeks. Normally i just neosporin it 4 a few days and it clear up but nothing this time, also it doesn't smell but there is definitely more goop. thoughts on what else you do ?

That's basically try everything lol, which i get was just curious if someone had the same issue

This was from another thread but wanted to share it with you. I was having a light brown ooze every morning and the site was very red and irritated.

"Just wanted to let you guys know my wife found a cream at the pharmacy (behind the counter) that cleared up my Stoma and got rid of the itching completely in 4 days. It's called Calmoseptine. Never heard of it but it cleared it right up!"

Calmoseptine.

Vince

Les I am a retired RN. We always used milk of magnesia around any stoma to help heal. Works great on bedsores too. Yes, it the stuff you drink for constipation lol. Just clean it gently with some warm water with a little salt in it, let it air dry, and then use a Q Tip to apply a good coating of MOM. Dab the MOM around the site 3 or 4 times a day and let that air dry too. Best of luck.

Les just one caution, if it looks really puffy and nasty make sure you let your doctor take a boo.

I will be going to my normal dr in a week so i plan 2 follow up. thanks !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back