sdsyd

Distinguished member
Country
US
State
sd
City
piedmont
Just wanted you to know we are keeping you in our prayers and hoping for the best for you all around. I can't even imagine the stress this adds to everything. Hope you are safe and please keep us updated!

Cindy

I second Cindy's comments. I cannot imagine the stress of having to deal with this! God Bless you all!

Thank you joel and sd! Yeah! It's just one of those things! or a while we thought it was headed towards Corpus Christi, but it took a different route! That is one reason why I do not go by what our weathermen predict until it gets here. I had a strong feeling it was headed our way. I am ready........I am planning on staying up until it's over! Thanks a bunch for your prayers.

Irma

PS....I have not heard from netty, hope all is well.

Irma,
I'm so glad to see you are still online and with power! You are in my prayers. Stay safe!

Bless you, Linda, and thanks. I'm gonna try to stay online until the power goess off! LOL! Right now I am in the middle of cooking! (Do people really get hungry while waiting for a monster hurricane?) LOL! Naw, just kiddin'........I stay hungry! God bless us all!

Irma

I pray that God watches over everyone on the gulf coast.Please be very safe Irma,Freddy&Netty.
God Bless
Sharon

Thanks sharona, I meant to reply, but my internet and tv service was out for a few hours. It just came back. Boy, are we getting slammed! Hell is breaking loose out there. It sounds like Amtrack is passing through on top of our roof. It's rough! Have to ride it, and pray. Gotta watch that tv. later!

Irma

Hang in there and climb in the bathtub if you have too. I hear it's the safest place in most houses.

AL.

Stay safe. I hope the power and water can keep up. But mostly I hope you alll stay safe!

I saw on FOX 3 million in Houston area are without power but water is still running but drink bottled until tap is tested.
Hard to imagine way up here although we lose power in the snow and ice storms sometimes.

AL.

Hey Texans--
Hope you weathered Ike OK. I just viewed some videos of the damage. Hard to believe a storm can pack such a punch. I hear we are supposed to get some of the aftermath--we've already had more rain than I care to see again in a while and flooding is predicted for our area too.
Prayers,
Sharon

Hope you all survived OK, and did not experience too much damage. The TV news photos are horrendous ...

Thinking and praying for your safety,
BethU

Hey Swi71
I see that you live in morris ,We live in joliet & yes we have had enough rain.Haven't read alot of your posts so I don't know what you are dealing with.My husband Larry is still in limbo test after test & we still don't knowwhat is going on except it is a motor neuron disease thank God his progress is slow& I pray daily that it continues to stay that way.God Bless all the people in Texas & all on the gulf & please be safe.God Bless.
SHARON

Thank you folks!

Wow! What an experience! Been to hell and back, and now I am working my butt off cleaning! We were without power and water for 91/2 days! The first few days after Ike were cool, a few days later it was hotter than heck! We made it okay! Thanks be to God! It lasted for the hell of a long time. It did so much damage, unbelievable! I am exhausted........I didn't even know it was this late! Talked to Annette a few days ago. They had no power either, but I believe they had 2 generators.

Thanks to each one of you for your prayers!

Oh yeah, Al........I was planning on making a dash to the bath tub incase Ike decided to go crazy on us! I have heard that bath tubs are pretty safe!

God bless you guys! Missed ya'll!

Irma

Irma, I'm so glad to hear that you made it through, even if it was quite difficult. Nothing like a hurricane to put things into perspective! Nettie posted and I was glad to hear they made it through OK too, although it sounds like they had one heck of a time also. Take care and remember to rest. The cleaning will still be there in the morning. (this coming from a compulsive cleaner!) Take care.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back