Reason
Other
Country
US
State
NY
City
larchmont
Irma, I just wanted to say to you not to be upset by the exchange yesterday. It is often hard in words, especially in posts/emails etc to express sentiment accurately. I don't think Pat was offended by your post at all but you interpreted her response as such. She clearly isnt comfortable with being called "sweetie" and "darling". I understand it because my grandmother called everyone "petal" even people she met once! Just a habit and one that offended some.
Pat, I don't think Irma intends in any way to be condescending. She is just someone who is struggling to come to terms with the death of her son. Understandably. And perhaps you are right, some grief counselling might help but meantime, it is clear that posting here is her own form of managing her grief process. She is affected by ALS too. She was a CAL and we welcome those on this board.
What none of us have time for is unnecessary upset. Life can be, as we know, all too short for that. JMO and one that might be unwelcome!

Like I said before I never said I was offended in anyway nor did I tell her to leave the forum all I said was SHe was having a hard time with her sons death and it is very understandable ,and a support group would help her. I was trying to help It was a suggestion .Pat

mamaoftwo said:
Irma, I just wanted to say to you not to be upset by the exchange yesterday. It is often hard in words, especially in posts/emails etc to express sentiment accurately. I don't think Pat was offended by your post at all but you interpreted her response as such. She clearly isnt comfortable with being called "sweetie" and "darling". I understand it because my grandmother called everyone "petal" even people she met once! Just a habit and one that offended some.
Pat, I don't think Irma intends in any way to be condescending. She is just someone who is struggling to come to terms with the death of her son. Understandably. And perhaps you are right, some grief counselling might help but meantime, it is clear that posting here is her own form of managing her grief process. She is affected by ALS too. She was a CAL and we welcome those on this board.
What none of us have time for is unnecessary upset. Life can be, as we know, all too short for that. JMO and one that might be unwelcome!

Hi, mama! Wow! I was not expecting this! I really want peace, and want for everyone to be friends, Life is too short, and why can't we all get along? I really do not know what sparked this incident, I wish I knew though. I have no intentions of leaving, I enjoy this forum. I'll say it again like before, I only wish I had joined when my darling son was still alive.

Mama, the reason I call everybody darling, sweetie, babe or hon is because I worked with the public all my life. This is all I know, and I happen to love it. I started waitressing when I was 15 yrs old, working after school. I enjoyed it, the money was good, I loved the public. I worked up until 2004, and the reason I got away, was because of an accident. I was going to go back to work for a while, but when my son became ill, I decided to spend time with him instead. So why go back now? I am retired! Everywhere I go strangers are honey, babe or sweetie to me! I am sorry but that's what Irma is all about. I am not ashamed to call a stranger "babe," that is the only talk I know!

As far as having a hard time dealing with my son's death. That is wrong! Only people that are angry at God have a hard time. I trust and love the Lord. He called my son home. and I respect that. Sure I hated the bad news at first, I went beserk, but with my son's love and trust for the Lord I learned to deal with it. Everybody told me that I handled it beautifully at the funeral. I thought I was going to be bad at the funeral, but He took care of me. He pulled my strings, and He is still pulling them. I know my Rudy is resting peacefully. I am here for other Pals or Cals that would like to share moments and memories. I am here, and I am not leaving. Mama, thanks a lot sweetheart, nay God bless you, and all other Pals. I have no hard feelings toward Patricia, I am praying for her, and all the others. Soooo--Let's all be blessed. Gotta go, friend!

Prayers to all,
Irma

annmarie said:
Irma, you are so caring stay oh stay. Words seem different when written other than said. I think we need you here, you were a wonderful caregiver to your son. We need everyone on this site, that is what makes it a happen and useful....

Thank you annmarie, and may God bless you. This forum makes me feel as if my son is still here with us. I see a lot of him in a lot of these posters. It is not that I am having a hard time dealing with it, because God already took care of that. I just refuse to let his memory die. I will continue doing this until I take my last breath. God bless you wonderful folks. Ann, I have been wanting to ask you, is that your little doggie in that picture?

Irma

We are all wonderful...it's the disease that is mean!

Jamiet said:
We are all wonderful...it's the disease that is mean!

Hi, Jamie. Yeah, I agree with you. Take care!

Irma

annmarie said:
Irma,
the doggie is a picture of what my two doggies look like together, exactly. I have a maltese, and maltese/yorkie, she is a Morkie, my doggies look exactly like this one. My twelve year old found it, and said look mom it looks like Sophie and Sarah put together. It is a MORKIE...I love doggies, they are my girls, they are my buddies..

So you are a dog person, too! So am I, big times! We have 3 chihuahua girls. They are all spoiled. Never a dull moment around my house. Their names are Charo, Chiquita and Zulu! I bet your girls are cute. Do you just have one child, the 12 yr old? Am I being too nosey?

Irma

annmarie said:
Irma,
not a bit nosey, your girls names are so cute, they are probably such a joy. I do have one son , he is the light of my world and being. I cannot even explain how much love I have in my heart for him. I know how you feel about your son, I know my mom would be just the kind of mom you were to your son, she passed away in December, and I got sick in January, with the poor health she had it is best she did not see me suffer. This is so sad, why are the good taken so early? feel free to ask anything you would like to know..

Oh, annmarie, I am so sorry to hear about your mom. She must have passed in December of '06, huh? The sweetest of persons have a tendency of leaving early, why, we'll never know. Maybe God is in need of angels. Yes, my boys have always been my whole world, now I am down to one. It's all God's work! Prayers to you and yours.

Irma

See now? I get busy with out of towners for a day and you guys work out your differences as if I am replaceable or something! :-D (That's a joke, folks. Don't plan the farewell party yet, lol.)

Here's to a warm and relaxing long weekend to us all! Cindy

Bless you Cindy! You have a nice weekend as well.

My plans for tomorrow: Tomorrow, 9-03 will be 3 months since my son passed. I am planning on going to the cemetery and visit with my baby! Oh yeahhhh, I am gonna spend some time with him, maybe read a verse or two out of my Bible. What a grand day! I can't wait! God bless all!

Irma

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back