Diagnosis
11/1985
Country
US
State
IN
City
Fort Wayne
Has anyone tried using an iPhone with iOS 6 or newer with its switch capability? Being able to use an iPhone or other cell phone by pushing my call switch sounds almost too good to be true!

I have used a paging base unit with a beeper for years but cell phones have killed the market for that old technology. My base station is fine but we can't replace the beeper which gets dropped, banged, and bashed a lot! So, I anticipate needing a new call system soon.

Diane, you're the lady with the very informative website! It's very good. Thank you for that. :)

I hadn't heard about the switch capability, but it sounds awesome. Wouldn't be nice if our everyday items- like a cell phone- could replace a bunch of the really expensive equipment that PALS need? How about a cell phone that could replace the speech generating devices?

It's nice to dream.

Do you plan to get the 6?

*hugs*
Laurie

>Do you plan to get the 6?

6+

Cool Max, congrats!

But don't sit on it. :) I hear they bend!

>But don't sit on it. I hear they bend!

yup, still waiting to order :)

We used the jelly bean switch with the iPad, but I did test it out connecting to an iPhone as well, just didn't use it in practicality.

With the new IOS I would imagine it will be a great device.

I got a call from my provider 2 weeks ago offering me the new iphone as priority (you know coz I'm just a great customer) and would have it within a week. Oh yes please!

Called me back the day before and said, oh sorry there were so many wanted it after it will be 4 - 6 weeks.

So goes life ...

You can put iOS8 on an older phone, as well.

This is the major upgrade for those with voice -- from what I see, switch capability remains pretty similar.
>>After installing iOS 8, users can enable Siri's new handsfree mode by opening their iPhone or iPad's Settings application, choosing General, and then Siri. From there, simply ensure that the switch for "Allow 'Hey Siri'" is turned on.

You can speak to Siri without pressing the home button by saying 'Hey Siri' when connected to power.

So what can you ask Siri to do? Yes, calls and texts are part of the command set.

How to Use Siri - Full list of Siri Commands for iPhone, iPad, Video

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back