Diagnosis
07/2017
Country
DE
State
BW
City
Stuttgart
I'm not a mac person. That'll have do for my excuse why I can't find a simple app for my PALS with which he can call me or a nurse in the next room when he needs something. He can type or use default sentences, that takes a couple clicks more than necessary, I think.
Just something simple that sounds a silly sound is all I'm looking for.

I don't use it yet but I have a very loud bell. You can also use text to voice Apps and create pre-programmed phrases and sentences. That way, he just has to hit one button to call you. Just make sure the volume is turned up or it's wifi connected to speakers.

We have a loud bell, too. It'll startle any nurse awake at night. But it's either that OR control of the ipad.
He has a text-to-voice app, it's just a couple clicks to complicated for my taste. For every click an able-bodied person would make, it takes him five clicks with switch control.

As KimT suggests, my wife uses her ipad with text to speech app, Verbally. And with a wifi speaker she has plenty of volume. The app can create and save phrases. The speaker is loud enough to use in noisy situations, it will also play music and switch over to the app whenever the speak pad is touched. Our grandkids love to type random letters on the keyboard and listen to the translation. I bet there is a way to also create an unusual sound and save it for later use.

The ipad and speaker go everywhere with my PALS, like in the ER last night. Both have great battery life.

ER sounds bad! Hope your wife's batteries have great life, too!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back