Not open for further replies.

rictak in IA

Country
US
State
Iowa
City
ruthven
Decided last night that it was time to get a tranport rack for the power chair.
8:30 A.M. today I called the ALS assn. to see if they handled items like this.
10:00 A.M. Got a call to tell me that they only had one, but it was out.
12:00 another call, "That family is done with it, and would really like it picked up soon.
2:00 P.M. Call from a delivery driver asking if I would be home around 4:00 to accept delivery
4:00 P.M. Call from lost delivery driver:)
4:30 P.M. Accepted delivery.

8 hours! I can't come up with words to say how impressed I am. What a great resorce.

That's wonderful news! Efficiency is rare these days although I must say our ALS Association delivered everything we needed before it was needed - not a minute too early actually! I'm happy for you!

What a great chapter you have! Others are not as fortunate.

Wow, that's amazing! My mom was in Iowa but we were in such a rural area we struggled with knowing what to do and where to go for everything.

That is a great story. So glad it went well for you. I am also lucky to have clinic that helps so much with the handling of patients needs. It is an MDA/ALS clinic, we don't have an ALSA org, in Oklahoma, but the MDA people we have are awesome. I wish everyone could find the help they need. This monster is hard enough to deal with without the stress of getting what is needed.

Great! Our Rocky Mountain Chapter is wonderful like that too. They make life a little easier don't they! :)

Alabama ALS Assoc Rocks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back