04/2019
Country
CA
State
Manitoba
City
Steinbach
Hello From Manitoba Canada

My journey Started back in December was figured at first to possibly be as stroke with weakness on one side.. The stroke clinic neurologist was very good figuring it was nerve dmg... and ran some tests. He had it figured out and quickly made me a apt with the neurologist from the ALS clinic to examine and diagnose on april 3rd. At the moment we dont know the type of ALS and probably will know that at our next clinic around July.

At the moment working on making a room i can enjoy being in as well w/c friendly. Going to post positive quotes around the room. As well setting up google home mini in the 3 main rooms on the main floor.

Welcome, Manitoba. We will support you however we can.

Best,
Laurie

Welcome to the forum Manitoba. Sorry to hear about your diagnosis. This is a great site for help and support.

Welcome, fellow Canadian. This is a good place, though I am sorry you have cause to find yourself here.

Will do! We have enough to share right now. We'll keep the rain though- I'm sure you folk don't want any of that during thaw/flood season.

I'm hoping your clinic has hooked you up with the Mb ALS Association already. They are a good resource to have- equipment loan closet, support groups, etc. ALSMB dot CA

Sorry to be welcoming you, but this is an awesome place for support of all kinds.

Greetings to our very Northern neighbor. :) There's lots of helpful information available here. Also, check out the jokes section to lift your spirit.

Positive thoughts, mottoes, cheerful signs and pictures around you is a great idea. I've done the same thing. One of our mottoes is: Plan for the future, live for today!

May today be a meaningful one for you. "Peace and blessings. B. :cool:

Attachments

• m 190.jpg
    m 190.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 227
Welcome, fellow Canadian. I'm sorry to welcome you to the community. Having said that, this is a wonderful, supportive community so please do not hesitate to ask questions.

Btw, our weather is junk, too. Winter is still very much present.

Hi, Manitoba. Welcome, but sorry about your dx. Good on you for finding this forum - it is a blessing.

Best regards,
Bill

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back