PALS
Country
US
State
Kansas
City
Olathe
Hello Everyone,

Im new to these forums. I was diagnosed with ALS in Nov. 2005 and was hadleling it quite well untill last month when I found out my wife was having an affair. I have a child with her that is four and I am now in a custody battle. I am all alone in Kansas. My family is in California, but I can not take my son out of state. I would like to meet some friends thru this forum for support. Anyone have any ideas how to handle some of recent deprsion without my family being close. Sorry to vent with you, but I just need someone to talk to.

Darren,

You have a lot on your plate. I am so sorry to hear about your troubles. I can assure you you will find friends and support on this website. I have found so much support, it has been overwhelming and incredible. How old are you? It would be wonderful if you could move back to California, where you can get some support from your loved ones.

How old are you, and how much have you progressed with your symptoms. I wish you all the luck in the world with your custody battle, it must be a very stressful event.

I can assure you there are a lot of people on this forum who can give you a lot of advice and support. You came to the right place.

Terri

Hi Darren. Sorry about your crappy luck. There are a couple of people on the forum that are in the same boat as far as being separated after Dx. Hopefully they will see your post and offer advice.

darren
i am so sorry to hear about your trouble. we all with you. take care of your self...:twisted:

Darren;

I am separated since December 2005, with 2 boys 11 and 14, after 14 years of marriage. My husband regularly lied and had affairs throughout the years. I had to go into respite care 2 for a total 2 months. I am home now with 24/7 nursing care through my husband's health insurance. Unfortunately he still controls my life and care. We share custody of the boys.

it has been very stressful!

Patsy

Thanks Patsy I knew you'd come through for us. There was a guy on here within the last couple of weeks that said his wife left him. Anybody remember who that was? Maybe he can help.

Seems like we are in the same situation

Patsy said:
Darren;

I am separated since December 2005, with 2 boys 11 and 14, after 14 years of marriage. My husband regularly lied and had affairs throughout the years. I had to go into respite care 2 for a total 2 months. I am home now with 24/7 nursing care through my husband's health insurance. Unfortunately he still controls my life and care. We share custody of the boys.

it has been very stressful!

Patsy

Im so sorry to hear that. I know that ALS is hard for our love ones to handle but I know I and hopefully you, would have been there for them. Some people huh! I am hopeful that you are taking this well as I will get over this in time also. Thanks for sharing this with me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back