Learn about ALS
Country
US
State
pennsylvania
City
philadelphia
hello everyone,

Just wondering does anyone get what seems to me like internal tremors.
I mainly get them when I lay down or am very tired.
It feels like I am shaking inside in my trunk and face areas, but you don't see anything
If you look at me.

crystalkk

Crystal,

I absolutely have that symptom and it is awful. We have had a discussion about this before and I described it as a very fine vibration. It is very disconcerting and interrupts sleep. I think we may have it all the time, but only notice it when we lay down to relax. Another member described it as a feeling like a transformer would give. I told my neuro about it and she said I couldn't possibly have it, since it didn't show up on my EMG! So, I guess that meant I am either making it up or it's all in my head! Thank goodness other members on here could validate that I am feeling it.

I am not sure if what I am feeling is the same as what you describe, but it sounds very similar. I feel a quivering, almost like I am on a vibrating bed set on a very low setting, deep inside, when I lay down at night. It seems to be all over my body. I have progressed to the point that I have lost almost all leg muscle use, spasms are in the upper trunk, stomach, sides, and back. It also is affecting my neck muscles and arms now.
It just seems like I am at a point to where it is spreading all over. I guess that was to be expected.

God Bless
Capt AL

Hi Al- It is to be expected but that does not make it any easier to accept! I hate this disease! Cindy

I sure hope God knows what it is because I'm clueless.
God Bless
Capt AL

I am experiencing the same thing and it is constant- I first noticed it in my legs and now it is in the legs and shoulders. Sometimes I actually see my arms shaking when I rest them on computer desk and use my mouse. I am going to get another EMG on friday-- I wonder if this will show up? Or could it be some type of an ongoing - non-stop small fasciculation?

G

I also have the same symptons and horrible spasms . I knot up like i'm having a seizure. They put me on zanaflex . Sleep is what I want on zanaflex so I cut back on it. Now I can tolerate it . Zanaflex has really helped my teeth clinching , now I don't have to wear my mouth guard and I sleep better at night Jan

G - when I described it to my doc and she said it would have shown up on EMG I was confused. After questioning the doc she said it would have shown up as fibrillation. My problem is that whether it shows up or not.......I'm still vibrating! Let us know how Friday goes. Good luck.

internal vibration

I too experience this and mainly when relaxing or at bedtime. Sometimes it feels as if a baby moving when pregnant. A flutter or butterflies in my stomach. I have normal emg's also. I will ask my neuro about it tomorrow and report if he says anything different. Your replys at least make me feel sane.:-

Dr. said it would soon show up as a dirty EMG. I have so many other symptoms with progression. Since he diagnosed me I have progressed into other symptoms as fasiculations and twitching. The ALS clinic dr. told me to wait and see that they thought it was a "worrisome ALS" My neuro feels the clinic drs have to have the textbook diagnosis with the entire list checked off before the final diagnosis can be determined. Who knows. I know something is terribly abnormal and if it isn't ALS that's great. The diagnosis is just a diagnosis- to me the symptoms are my problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back