Interesting Blog

Status
Not open for further replies.
It does sound a lot like Star Trek and Dr. Who. While much of this technology is available, I’m not sure it all is, or at least one would need to be super technologically adept.

I don’t think any surgeon would perform a triple ostomy unless it were indicated.

I’m going to have to look up the Toto-Turner. Sounds interesting.

To me this is like the concept of an electric car — sounds great in theory, but one still needs human interaction and caregivers.

It wore me out just to read it. I don't think I have enough energy to do all that. My only hope is my energy level will markedly increase as I get closer to the Great Void.

His statement that feeding tubes have to be placed in an operating room while lying flat, etc. is untrue. Just want to reassure anyone who gets that far that radiology can place a RIG even when breathing requires BiPAP.

Correction to my reply above — I meant self-driving car, not electric.

It wore me out to read his blog too.

The other important existential question is that even if someone had the technology to take over every possible motor function of the human body, would they still be happy ??

That is a most interesting question Karen. There are quite a few novels and films that ponder on this existential question

I think I could get the technology but I wouldn't be able to afford it.

I do like the idea of the triple ostomy. Sometimes I wish I had one now. I'm a night water drinker and getting up 2-3 times a night gets old. I guess it's because I already have had constipation issues and an anal fissure.

Anyway, years ago there were no computers, no eye gaze technology and even no Trilogies. There was no support forum. Technology marches on and, with science, each generation will be better off until this monster is put to rest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back