Status
Not open for further replies.
so it would be uplifting to hear if any non-believer manages to keep up a similar good attitude despite this horrible condition.

I don't want to get into a discussion of religion, or start a poll about who believes what and why, but you may now consider yourself uplifted! :)

I'd suggest that you look for what works for you on this forum, and don't worry about what doesn't. Hopefully, you will find some good answers here on how to live with this disease. That's the important stuff.

BethU

I'm not religious and most here would say that I have a positive uplifting attitude. Sorry if you possibly misunderstood the tone of my post. The fact that you as a new member felt you needed to tell us about your lack of religous beliefs raises flags sometimes. We don't want to offend anyone here and now that you have added more information I would hope everyone is happy and we can get on with our daily business. It's beautiful, hot and sunny here. I'm going out on the patio. Take care.

AL.

Oystein, I am so glad you found the Forum. I hope it brings you the encouragement to face whatever is wrong in your body.
As for the weather, here in Gulfport, Mississippi, or Katrina land as I like to call it, we have flood waters and lots of rain still from Gustav. But, we all are well and thankful it was no worse than it could have been.
Beth thanks for the comments. Right on point.
We are a community of people who are fighting to face this dreaded disease and work out our own way of facing one day at a time. I was DX on May 11, 2006 and have lost my legs and now it is moving into my upper torso, arms, hands, throat. I have had trouble talking this past week. I still try to face each and every day of my life of over 61 years, will be 62 Sept. 22, with as positive an attitude as I can. What good does it do me to be a grouch, grumpy old goat? But, then that is my own personal CHOICE. I believe we can choose each day what kind of attitude, outlook we have on life. We can choose to sit around depressed and mad at the world, or we can focus on positive things in life. I have 15 grand children that are always a great thing to focus on for encouragement. I also have 3 dogs and a cat that keeps me company. You would be surprised how much love an animal can give. Here is me before I lost the use of my legs with one of my pets. Her name is Smokey and she will not let me go anywhere in the house without her being there to watch over and protect me.
I hope you and everyone else on the forum finds peace in the midst of this terrible time in their lives.
ALsmokey.jpg

Oystein, I am so glad you found the Forum. I hope it brings you the encouragement to face whatever is wrong in your body.
As for the weather, here in Gulfport, Mississippi, or Katrina land as I like to call it, we have flood waters and lots of rain still from Gustav. But, we all are well and thankful it was no worse than it could have been.
Beth thanks for the comments. Right on point.
We are a community of people who are fighting to face this dreaded disease and work out our own way of facing one day at a time. I was DX on May 11, 2006 and have lost my legs and now it is moving into my upper torso, arms, hands, throat. I have had trouble talking this past week. I still try to face each and every day of my life of over 61 years, will be 62 Sept. 22, with as positive an attitude as I can. What good does it do me to be a grouch, grumpy old goat? But, then that is my own personal CHOICE. I believe we can choose each day what kind of attitude, outlook we have on life. We can choose to sit around depressed and mad at the world, or we can focus on positive things in life. I have 15 grand children that are always a great thing to focus on for encouragement. I also have 3 dogs and a cat that keeps me company. You would be surprised how much love an animal can give. Here is me before I lost the use of my legs with one of my pets. Her name is Smokey and she will not let me go anywhere in the house without her being there to watch over and protect me.
I hope you and everyone else on the forum finds peace in the midst of this terrible time in their lives.
ALsmokey.jpg

I love the photo of you with Smoky. Thank you for posting it, and I'm glad you guys made it through the storm OK. (I grew up in Miami, so I can relate)

Smokey!

Hi Captain Al

I agree with Rose! So happy that you weathered the storm and came out just fine!

Your dog looks so loved and has the best buddy beside him.

Hang in there Al and stay strong, fight the good fight and never stop giving Thanks to Jesus!

All your posts make "me" SMILE!

Your friend,
Patty :-D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back