Input Request: I've lost so much, please don't take my beer!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry to hear this. You are further forward than I in the hands dept.
I too wake up at times with an almost clenched fist, but through arthritis rather than ALS. I've been giving thought to a glove that has little to no flexibility in the fingers. Keeping the hand open at night. But one question holds back the progress from thought to trial. If the subconscious act of closing the hand is prevented by such a device. Would the hand settle down, or cramp up in its efforts to close?
If you are open to any and all suggestions. I got some that are out there!!!
Try this on one hand only before retiring. Try not to get any residue on the other hand as this might affect results.
Tiger Balm/deep heat or the US equivalent.
I've used it for my hands and it helps, a lot.
Hears the reasoning.
Stimulation of the hands is at its lowest when we are asleep, giving every excuse to curl up through inactivity. I believe the warming sensation of the applied balm stimulates the hands and fingers just enough to encourage movement.
Give it a bash, if nothing else, it'll clear your nasals.
B.

Awesome! Thanks! I'll be sure to try this!

A-freakin-men AL, can I get a witness, hallelujah.

Seriously, my wife takes a small syringe and puts enough in my mouth to feel like I am drinking and puts the payload in my peg! It's especially nice because I have two best friends who both own wineries and they send us stuff all the time.

It is good to have friends who sell alcohol. I would help out one of them when he needed it and he would pay me in wine!

Hi! I know about Mexiletine! Take 200mg 3X daily and also have an occasional beer. My concerns about the beer has been its tendency to make me need to pee more during the night and possibly be unsteady. So one would be my limit and not every day. The Mexiletine has reduced my cramps a lot and maybe even fasciculations. Or that’s just a coincidence. 😉
Mary

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back