Reason
PALS
Country
US
State
VA
City
Ashburn
Hi, I have been having problems with all-over body twitching on and off for about a year now, I don't seem to have any problems with strength and I do cramp up quite often mostly on my left side..like my arm and leg feel heavier. I am a 32 year old male.
My worry now is that my left index finger has just started a very fine constant twitch in the fingertip, it is like i can feel my pulse in that finger too if i keep it still and it also tingles just in a very small confined spot, but it is seems to definitley be a light constant twitch. I know ALS can start like this, but how common is it..
Thanks so much
Robert

Hi, I have been having problems with all-over body twitching on and off for about a year now, I don't seem to have any problems with strength and I do cramp up quite often mostly on my left side..like my arm and leg feel heavier. I am a 32 year old male.
My worry now is that my left index finger has just started a very fine constant twitch in the fingertip, it is like i can feel my pulse in that finger too if i keep it still and it also tingles just in a very small confined spot, but it is seems to definitley be a light constant twitch. I know ALS can start like this, but how common is it..
Thanks so much
Robert

That's an odd place for a twitch from my standpoint, but I'm not a PAL. Maybe it's common. I actually had someone tell me in another forum they could feel their finger twitching, just like a pulse, but only if they had their finger resting on their leg or their arm. Turns out it wasn't "just like" their pulse; it was their pulse. Kind of like calling the IT department with your computer unplugged.

If you've had all over twitching for a year and don't have any other problems you are likely okay. Haven't you seen a neurologist yet? Several of them know more than I do:-D

Where? Which ones? (just kidding, Paul!) Love that sense of humor. Cindy

Just to clarify...finger twitching is common in BFS, but I'm not sure about a twitch in the fingertip.

Cindy, it's only the ones I agree with :-D

Hey Robert,

Have you been diagnosed or not yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back