Reason
PALS
Country
US
State
VA
City
Ashburn
Hi, I have been having problems with all-over body twitching on and off for about a year now, I don't seem to have any problems with strength and I do cramp up quite often mostly on my left side..like my arm and leg feel heavier. I am a 32 year old male.
My worry now is that my left index finger has just started a very fine constant twitch in the fingertip, it is like i can feel my pulse in that finger too if i keep it still and it also tingles just in a very small confined spot, but it is seems to definitley be a light constant twitch. I know ALS can start like this, but how common is it..
Thanks so much
Robert

Jeliota

Reason
Other
Country
US
State
TN
City
Knoxville
Hi, I have been having problems with all-over body twitching on and off for about a year now, I don't seem to have any problems with strength and I do cramp up quite often mostly on my left side..like my arm and leg feel heavier. I am a 32 year old male.
My worry now is that my left index finger has just started a very fine constant twitch in the fingertip, it is like i can feel my pulse in that finger too if i keep it still and it also tingles just in a very small confined spot, but it is seems to definitley be a light constant twitch. I know ALS can start like this, but how common is it..
Thanks so much
Robert

That's an odd place for a twitch from my standpoint, but I'm not a PAL. Maybe it's common. I actually had someone tell me in another forum they could feel their finger twitching, just like a pulse, but only if they had their finger resting on their leg or their arm. Turns out it wasn't "just like" their pulse; it was their pulse. Kind of like calling the IT department with your computer unplugged.

If you've had all over twitching for a year and don't have any other problems you are likely okay. Haven't you seen a neurologist yet? Several of them know more than I do:-D

CindyM

Moderator emeritus
Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
US
State
New England
City
Anytown
Where? Which ones? (just kidding, Paul!) Love that sense of humor. Cindy

Jeliota

Reason
Other
Country
US
State
TN
City
Knoxville
Just to clarify...finger twitching is common in BFS, but I'm not sure about a twitch in the fingertip.

Cindy, it's only the ones I agree with :-D

Omar

Distinguished member
Reason
PALS
Diagnosis
08/2006
Country
BE
State
Belgium
City