Country
US
State
Ga
City
Savannah
Race: black or African American decent
Current conditions: Gastritis

First, and foremost, I'd like to offer my prayers, and positive energy to those knowingly, and serious affected. I also realize you all answer so many questions, of the same nature, it can get old, and frustrating. Where ever this leads me, I feel like I've spent so much time researching, and wondering, the least I can do is spread awareness. I'll be starting things soon pertaining to ALS, I'd like to keep you all updated. Anyway, here it goes

At the end of Aug, or the start of September 2017( during one of those hurricanes) I started having severe chest pains. Sharp, consistent, and dull. Also around this time I was starting Real Estate school, in between jobs, and lapsed health insurance. During my appointment with my pcp, I explain my chest pains, he listens to my heart, and suggest I start taking my lexapro. ( I'm into holistic medicine, and would rather do things naturally) The pains continued, and I was in and out the ER, until about 3 weeks ago they diagnosed me with costochondritis, and prescribed me another round of muscle relaxers. (First round was flexril). While I was in there I noticed my thigh spasms. I think a couple days later it was in my face, and within the week, they went haywire. Now my muscles continue to just Fire off. My mom thinks it could be Fibro-M. Before the twitches started my chest pain was dull and achy, but those aches soon spread to my neck shoulders and upper back. ( oh by the way, I was very active in the gym until about 2 months ago). I've had blood work done , abs chest X-rays twice. Now that I'm having these muscle spasm, are these related to the upper body pains. What if the upper body things happening, and then the widespread muscle spasm, is just progressing ALS? I reluctantly take the muscle relaxers now, not for the spasm because it doesn't really take those away, but just to get sleep, because I'm up until wee hours of the morning worried and scared. My hands hurt more now, sometimes my legs feel weak. I don't have the best health insurance anymore, so is this worth seeing a doctor again? 🤷🏽*♀️ In your opinion, what do you think?

-kind regards
Cici

I think your problems are stress, nothing do do with ALS, Listen to your doctor.
Al

I think your problems are stress, nothing do do with ALS, Listen to your doctor.
Al

Thanks Mr. Firefighter ☺️. I'm not about to sit here, and ask the same question worded differently, like most I've seen. Lol. So if anyone else wants to chime in, feel free.

Love you guys ! ✨❤️✨❤️🙏🏽✨❤️🙏🏽✨❤️

Cici-

I don't see a pattern of ALS symptoms. However, I am not necessarily sure if everything can be attributed to stress, given your injury. Costochondritis can be immensely painful- you have my full sympathy there. I had the same issue caused by impact 13 years ago and it was excruciating and took forever to heal. The inflammation and pain could definitely be causing you further woes. If your injury was not caused by impact or strain, it might benefit you to try to track down why you have inflammation. Its not clear if you were given a possible reason for it.

Good luck Cici.

Thank you so much . Bless you ����✨. I have gastritis as well( I didn't think that was relevant to say) the doctors didn't think it had anything to do with my chest pains, as I had mentioned that diagnosis. After they couldn't find blood clots, or a respiratory problem, they slapped me with costo ����*♀️ I told them it really only hurt when I turned certain ways, or put my arms up. I can't take nsaid because of the gastritis ����*♀️That's why I was so concerned about this sudden onset of muscle spasms and slight pain. It's following the costo diagnosis.

If you notice, most of your symptoms begin with it hurts, pins and needles, feels like. ALS being purely a disease of motor neurons, It feels like nothing. I feel fine, I just have muscles that don't work. Sensory symptoms point away from ALS. Lucky you.
Vincent

Thank you Vincent ! 🙏🏽❤️✨ kind soul.
So I went to the ER Friday night. Serious panic attack. Told him all my symptoms, even asked about the muscle spasm. Because myself, like many here, apparently I've had enough test done that lead me away from anything life threatening, so you know what he does? Gives me a dose of Ativan, a prescription for Ativan, and a refferal to a psychiatrist/psychologist. I'm saying this for 80% of the people here with health anxiety. 🙏🏽Please get help, and stop asking these strong souls questions over and over. Yea it's for support, but they need support too, selfish. Leave them alone lol. How is it that some of you haven't been diagnosed with health anxiety yet? Look that up,instead of ALS symptoms. What you're doing is picking out 2 symptoms of als and saying you have that . Look at the health anxiety symptoms, and I bet you match 10/15 . Look up psychogenic pain, and a website called anxietycentre.com. Don't get me wrong, I have 2 chronic non life threatening disorders, anxiety makes it worse. Seek help. 🙏🏽✨namaste

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back