Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
US
State
mo.
City
platte city
Hi all. My symptoms started about a year ago, with intense intestinal pains, loss of balance. I had been welding, finished my weld and stood up, looked around and all of a sudden just fell over, no reason what so ever. I went to my GP and she sent me to a gastro dr. we did all the endo scopes, ct, mri, lowers and all that. Found small tumor inside lower bowel but nothing to create the pains I was in. He diagnosed that it was the small muscles spasming which seemingly spread to all other areas of my body. I have twitches from neck to toes. I have noticeable weakness in legs and arms. Just before more intense muscle twitching starts I have a terrible taste under my tongue. All I ever want to really do is sleep. I have had MRI, on brain and cervical which show nothing major. I wake up in the morning and can barely get out of bed from my legs being so sore. Daytime walking is getting more difficult, dizziness (possibly from my blood pressure shooting up all of a sudden for some reason, possibly meds). I have saw a good neuro (last week) did the mri on my cervical and an eeg (GP says it was normal) . Blood work was also taken given the nature of my work. Next apt with him is in 2 more weeks, but Friday during apt with Gastro, blood pressure was 151/106 so we to GP, by the time I got there, was into full on twitching and tremors. They did EKG, and took more blood and urine. So far the only thing is that I have all 3 drs. thinking ALS. GP wants me to quit working until final diagnosis, but I can't do that, no money coming in at all. Has anyone else gone through things like this? What kind of progression can I expect if it really is ALS?

You said: "Next apt with him is in 2 more weeks,...".

If I were you, I would wait for this important appointment with the Neurologist and wouldn't leave his office until I can get straight answers about the symptoms.

Whatever you have is not going to ravage your body in just two weeks.

Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back