Reason
PALS
Country
CA
State
Alberta
City
Edmonton
Hi all Im 39 years young and have just been told that I have ALS. After the feelings of devistation wore off Ive decided to make the best out of the worst situation I have ever faced. I thought it would do me good to read all I could about this disease and ask a lot of questions. Im interested if anyone can help me with diet issues. I take it Im a lucky one right now as the ALS pretty much in my limbs and I dont have any swallowing issues. Ive read alot about the excitotoxins like glutamate and aspartate. I was wondering if anyone has found that a diet trying to avoid free glutamate has helped relieve some of the ALS symtoms. Any other tips would be greatly appreciated.

Welcome to our forum. Sorry about your diagnosis. If you use the search feature and type in glutamate and aspartame there is some info there you might find useful. AL.

Hello

Hello "Deal me in"

I am so sorry to hear about your diagnosis. My heart goes out to you
. My best friend is only 42 and diagnosed in March of this year. I just wanted to say hello and please know that I am thinking of you. This forum has been my support since this has happened to her and I get alot of good info from it.

Stay strong and know we are all here for you.

Barbie :(

Thank you very much AL and Barbie for the warm welcome. I did find the search area to be very interesting reading. Thank you for directing me to that area.
Deal me in

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back