Diagnosis
03/2011
Country
US
State
CA
City
Orange County
My beautiful husband passed quietly and without struggle on December 20th. While I am devastated by this sudden loss, I am so grateful that he had not experienced the worse that this dreadful disease has to offer.

Mark survived 25 months from symtom onset / 9 months after diagnosis.

He is the love of my life and I am lost without him....I see him in my dreams and he is walking and talking and for a few minutes I get to pretend that these last 2 years never happened to us.

Caring for Mark has been an honor! I would give anything to have just one more day with him.

D

Sorry for your loss Mark's Girl.

AL.

Mark's Girl
Thoughts and prayers to you during this difficult time. I am so very sorry.

My heart felt condolences, Mark's girl. I understand your pain and sorrow - very well. I too am grateful my husband didn't experience ALS at it's absolute worst although all of it was awful. Our husbands seem to have had about the same time frames from symptoms to diagnosis to passing. i too have dreams where he's walking and talking but somehow we always know he's not well. Sending you warm thoughts. Yasmin.

Last edited:
D, so sorry to learn about the loss of your sweetie. Thank God for those dreams! Hugs and prayers, Jo

So sorry to hear of Mark's passing.

You have my heartfelt empathy.

Grace & peace to you.

So sorry for your loss. Keep dreaming!

My heart goes out to you.

My heart cries for your loss.

D,
So sorry for your loss. Dreams can be treasures of time where we are whole.
Linda

Very sorry for your loss. Please accept my prayers and condolences.

I'm so sorry for your loss, keep having those wonderful dreams to get you through this time...

Thank you all for your kind words.....

I wish you all the best and will hold each of you in my prayers as I try to make a life for myself without Mark....I can't even imagine how to begin this process, I just know it is what he would want me to do.

D

So sorry for your loss. Lost my husband in August and so know what you are talking about. It brings tears to my eyes. It is so difficult to watch the losses that our PALS go through. My husband also passed very peacefully and was able to say his goodbyes. That was such a blessing, but I would give anything to have him back as I know you would too. Good luck as you work through the grieving process and try to gain a life after ALS. Thoughts and hugs sent your way.
Janis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back