• Memoriam wall
    • We've created a memoriam wall to remember our friends
    • If you know someone that battled ALS, please add them here
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Irma,

This is Suzanne Powers. Rudy was my first love and I will never forget him. I have thought of him often over the years and wondered how he was doing. I was so in love with him. We went together from the 6th grade all the way until the 9th. He was my first true love and will never be forgotten. I am so sorry to hear of your loss. He was a wonderful and fun loving person and I know he will be missed my many. I hope you and Shannon are coping and God will heal your heart.

Hi Irma this is Tammy Petty I was looking for Rudy on FaceBook and I was so upset when I found this:( He was my first boyfriend as you know we played 2 geather at his grandmothers accross the street from my grandparents cleaners on 19th. street... we were only 10rs.old and when we got a little older we became even better frinds as you know (lol) I will always love him he was my first boyfriend and he will always have a special place in my herat~! I hope you and Shannon are doing fine and I would love 2 see you... I would love 2 go to his grave so I could put something special on it so call me Plz. 832-892-5278... I have alot of pic. I will find them and give you some... Love you and I will be praying 4 you I hope youre heart has heald a little bit but I know how much you loved him and trust me he loved you his "mommy" more than anything in this world... I went by youre work along time ago the house of pyes" (lol) but you didnt work there anymore! I miss him (RUDY) so-oooo much... my heart hurts so bad! LOVE YOU IRMA GodBless you...:cry::cry:

Hi Tammy! Don't know how to begin....cannot even see the keys on the keyboard as my tears won't let me see clearly! How well I remember you darling! Rudy really liked you! Or should I say loved you! As I read your post for a split second it felt like he was still alive. Yes Tammy, my sweet son was struck with the worst disease. I watched him fade away before my eyes. He was so brave. I am pretty sure you have read most of my posts. It was terrible. I lost it when he told me what the dr had told him. It is a long and sad story. His departure really changed me. I am not the same anymore, not at all! I was always on the go, always working, and had such zest for life....well darling, all of that is gone. I am just breathing, do not know what joy is anymore. Have you gotten married? I have so much to ask you, but I will do it over the phone. I just saw your post, and it really shook me. Here it is almost 2 in the morning, and I had to fix me some coffee! I would love to see some of them pics! Are you on facebook? Look me up as: Irma Cantu Manzanarez. I love you Tammy. Thanks for posting this, and may God bless you!

Lots of Love,
Irma

Yes Shannon is fine, he is going to be a grandpa soon!

Suzanne! What a coincidence! First Tammy, and now you! What is going on? What is God trying to tell me? Of course he loved you. He was a looker, you know that....the girls were always chasing after him! You live in Tomball? He was always wondering about you, and called lots of ppl asking them about you! I am in facebook sweetie, look at Tammy's post and take it from there! Would love to talk to you, too for old times sake! I am crying my eyes out....don't know what to do! look me up in facebook! Love you, too and God bless!

Love,
Irma

Hello Irma,
I have thought of you often over the past year..........It has been one hell of a year.........I still have really not gotten over what had transpired in the last 6. I hope this finds you well. I am going to school.. ..........That was a huge decision but I can do it. I want to be a RT. I think that I would be good at it. Hell, I have the procedures down all I need is the degree. I can't stay on too long..................Call me 832-891-6542.
You know that I can not forget you EVER!
much love, netty

Hi Netty, it is soooo good to hear from you! I have been wondering how you are doing. Thanks for the update.

You would be an excellent RT, good for you. Don't be a stanger.

Love Ya!

Hello Irma,
I have thought of you often over the past year..........It has been one hell of a year.........I still have really not gotten over what had transpired in the last 6. I hope this finds you well. I am going to school.. ..........That was a huge decision but I can do it. I want to be a RT. I think that I would be good at it. Hell, I have the procedures down all I need is the degree. I can't stay on too long..................Call me 832-891-6542.
You know that I can not forget you EVER!
much love, netty

Hi Annette! It is sooo nice to hear from you. I have been wondering what happened to you. Do you still live out there by my son Shannon? I know it's hard to forget a loved one. I have been sooo busy taking care of my husband still. All I ever do is work, work, work! I am soooo exhausted. I feel like I do not have a life period! I really don't! I will be giving you a call soon. I am happy to hear that you are going to school. Good luck. How are the children. Is lil Freddy follwing his father's footsteps? Tell them I said hi! Love you Annette! You are in my prayers....and oh yeah, thanks for thinking about me!

Love,
Irma

Hi Irma,

Your poem for Rudy moved me to tears. My heart still breaks for your loss.
You may not remember me - we shared some posts a couple of years ago.
I don't check in here too often anymore but think of you and many others on this forum so often. I pray that you are well and that your happy memories of your beloved son Rudy bring you comfort and peace as the years continue on.

I will never forget how helpful and comforting everyone on the forum was to me
in my time of need and I always enjoyed reading your posts.

Warmest regards,
Jeanne

Of course I still remember you! I still remember a lot of ppl here on this forum, and some are no longer here. I, like you, come here from time to time. Two or three nights ago, I was thinking of everyone here, and decided to visit........and lo and behold i saw the two posts from my late son's lil girlfriends. Let me tell you, I was glad to hear from them, but I was shaken soooo bad. I could not even see what I was trying to type, my tears just kept flowing. The first lil girl Suzi, they had a perfect lil puppy love. Something happened, I don't know exactly, I think my boy was being a boy (lol) and they went seperate ways. They were very young, and so in love, and she was and still is a very beautiful lady, Tammy is beautiful, too! My Rudy looked for that lil girl all his life, and she did the same, and little did we know that she only lives about 5 miles from us, but Houston is such a huge place! She lives in my hometown. I cried and cried when we reconnected! I cried because I knew that he wanted to see her sooo bad, and it didn't happen, and now that he is gone we have found each other. We will meet soon, but I am soooo afraid of what it's gonna do to me. It was just like something out of 'Love Story.'
May God bless you.

Irma

Thank you Linda for your wonderful post. Yes, i still miss my son very, very much. I look at his pictures, and just think of how he used to be. So much has happened since he passed, and whenever there is a new arrival my heart breaks, because he loved to check out the newcomers. His brother is going to be a grandpa for the first time. I know that is going to shake me up. Isn't that amazing how something like this changes a person forever? May he rest in peace.
I will be praying for you and your dear mom. Yes Als is a very cruel disease, it took a big chunk out of me. I feel like I am just breathing, and have not felt joy in years......You have a good night, and may God bless you!

Irma

Good Lord, Irma! Bless your soul!

And God bless Netty!

Good Lord, Irma! Bless your soul!

And God bless Netty!

Hi CJ! Nice to hear from you. I have been affected in such a way by this reconnection, my heart was just starting to heal, I know it never will, but talking to his school friends that I have not seen in 25 years.....let me tell you, it is painful! It is like having someone to knock on your door in the middle of the night and ask you for your dead child. I hope these 2 little girls will not feel bad if they read this, but it's only natural. I am glad they found me, the least I can do is tell them what he has told me throughout the years as he was wondering about them. We were all such good friends! God bless them.
God bless you and family, CJ, don't be a stranger!

Irma:-:)-(

I so feel your pain. I pray this cleans out some of the hurt and wounds.

Thank you Capt. Al! Thanks for your kind words. I honestly believe that people do cry from within their heart.....because I can feel it, with......not tear filled, but misty eyes. This pain when you lose a loved one is so strong, and it never leaves you. Your heart will forever ache, no matter what they put in front of you......it is there. Nice to hear from you Al, may God bless you and family.

Irma

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back