• Memoriam wall
    • We've created a memoriam wall to remember our friends
    • If you know someone that battled ALS, please add them here
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear Irma,

I'm searching this forum as my son, 30, is undergoing tests. He's been told by the consultant that it's ALS.

Your post was so moving it brought tears to my eyes. Thank you for sharing your thoughts.

Never forget your son but please move on with your life. You are a good soul.

PeterA

Hi Peter, thanks for replying. It sounds like your son has no been diagnoseded yet. Am i right? If he hasn't been diagnoseded, I pray to God it's something else that can be cured. Als is a nightmare out of hell. It changed me completely. I cannot even celebrate the family oriented holidays anymore like I used to. It feels like my body has a big hole that needs to be filled out, and there is nothing that will fill it. I watched my poor son suffer in so many ways, yet he was so strong willed. I pray to God you don't have to go through such nightmare. I miss him a lot, but knowing that he no longer is suffering comforts me. Missing him, not seeing him, not hearing him nor feeling him is what kills me.

May God bless you and your son. Will be praying for you both.

Irma

Irma,

Thank you for sharing your story. It is a wonderful tribute to Rudy. He seemed like a selfless son and you certainly have been a selfless mother. God bless you.

Zaphoon

Thank you zaph, may God bless you.

Irma

I was wondering if you are the same family that lived at 9506 Jaywood in Jersey Village, Texas around 18 years ago.

My dear Rudy,

Hi sweetheart! It has been 2 years ago today since you passed (6-03-07), and I still miss you oh so much. I think about you all the time. To me it seems like an eternity. May you rest in peace, my son. I am still praying for a cure for Als. I have learned so much from you son. I miss your phone calls, your visits, your silly jokes, in other words, I miss everything about you. Two nights ago I was awakened at the sound of your voice as I dozed off. I heard your voice so loud and clear, you called me "mom" I wish I knew what that meant. Your voice had no Als sound at all. I am convinced you are in heaven, and He gave you your voice back.

So many things have happened since you left us. Your brother Shannon and Jenni are having another baby, another boy. I know you would've been so happy for them, and I know you are! Your baby girl Cece is a beautiful young lady. Still single, and you are not a grandpa yet. I miss you so. My God, dear your 41st birthday is coming up on June 18th. It saddens me and I cry at the thought that I did not get to watch you age. I am so sad. Your dad's health is not so hot. I care for him 24/7, and I feel tired all the time. My life is just not the same as when you were here, but one of these days I will be looking forward to seeing you again. Hang in there dear one, I'll be there. Just promise me that you will be there to meet me at the Pearly Gates. Until then...am wrapping this up with something nice for you.

Love...Your mom who loves you and misses you,
Irma

I Love You Son

My dear son Rudy, I miss you so much
It keeps hurting, I still cry
My eyes always search for you in the sky
Heart longs for finding you in heaven.

My dear son! I love you so very much
I feel so empty without you
My future is not the same without you
Heart longs for being around you for my safety.

My dear son! You are my angel
I still feel that you are caring for me from above
I tell my broken heart that you are still watching me
Heart longs for you care even from heaven.

My dear son! You are my protector
I remember you when I feel lonely
I talk to you when I break into pieces
Heart longs for your support even from heaven.

My dear son! I was thinking I gave you life
The reality is that you had given me life
Without you and your presence, it's hard to go on
Heart longs for your company in my heart until I exist
Please be there in my heart.........
I love you Rudy, and I miss you.

Love,
Mom

imanzcan, thank you for letting us read your beautiful message to Rudy, it brought tears to my eyes early this morning and made me appreciate my family (both my real family at home and my virtual family here). I know that Rudy is watching over you and your family and that you will see him again. Thanks again for sharing.

Barry

You are so welcome Barry, and thanks for replying to my post in memory to my son. I went to the cemetery yesterday to spend some time at my son's resting place. The weather was nice. Not much to say, only that I said a prayer or two. Came home, and that was about it. God bless us all.

Irma

Irma,

I think Rudy was very lucky to have you and you were lucky to have him. I am sure he is protecting and watching after you. Take comfort in knowing that we are here for you if you need us.

Dana

Irma,

I think Rudy was very lucky to have you and you were lucky to have him. I am sure he is protecting and watching after you. Take comfort in knowing that we are here for you if you need us.

Dana

Thank you Dana, and God bless you.

Irma

Irma- I'm so sorry for your loss of Rudy. They say that losing a child is one of the hardest things to go through. Thank you for sharing that beautiful poem you wrote to honor Rudy. I'm sure Rudy is in heaven and he has been set free from ALS. I hope that gives you some comfort.

God bless~

Judi

Irma, your poem is beautiful and your love for your son Rudy is beautiful. He was a lucky lucky boy to have you as his mom. I can't imagine your sense of loss and my heart goes out to you. I hope that you find strength in knowing that you raised a wonderful man and put so much love in the world. That in itself is a tremendous contribution. I am sure he looks over you now.

Big hugs! Thank you for sharing this with us.

Thanks for sharing that Irma! Your love for your son is beautiful!

God be with you Irma and touch your aching heart.

Patty

hope,thelma,jimercat and hoping ........thank you dear hearts or the kind words. Thank you all so much or assuring me that my son is watching over me. I feel his presence everywhere I go, no matter what time, or where I am at, I feel close to him. You people are so wonderful, I am always looking or a soothing post. May God bless each one of you and your loved ones.

Irma

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back