Diagnosis
10/2003
Country
CA
State
On
City
NW of Toronto
It's been a trying week. My sister passed away last Friday after a 9 month battle with lung cancer. Tuesday I came down with some sort of virus and other than being on the toilet with a bucket in my lap I was flat on my back in bed. I missed my sisters funeral Wednesday and am just now able to sit up at the computer. I probably would have been in hospital but having a nurse in the family enabled me to stay home. I have answered my Private Messages and sent the technical difficulties ones on to David. Sorry for the inconvenience it may have caused. I'm reading as fast as I can to get caught up. AL.

Last edited:
Al, I'm so sorry to hear about your sister. I hope that you're feeling better soon.

Chris

Hi, Al. I'm sorry to hear about your sister but glad you are feeling a little better. Lung cancer is such a cruel disease. I've had two friends--women in their 40's, one who had never smoked--who were healthy at my diagnosis date (6/03) die of it since 2005. It's one of the few diagnoses that is worse than ALS, IMO. I'm so sorry your family has had to deal with both of them.

Dear Al sorry about your sister my thoughts are with you and yours I had that viru s two days ago and it was a horror something you didnt need on top of your loss Glad your back Pat

I wish you only happy memories of you and your sister, Al. Take care of yourself so that you continue to improve.

Yes Al, I second Terri's sentiments. Take care of yourself! Cindy

Al... I am sorry to hear about your sister. My thoughts and prayers are with you during this difficult time. I hope you are feeling better.
P.S. I was wondering why you had not been on the forum. Anne

Al,

I am very sorry to hear about your sister. That's a tough way to go. I hope you have fond memories of her to keep with you.

John

Hi AL

Hi Al, I was going to send you a message. Thought something was wrong haven't seen you on the Forum for quite a few days. Our Condolences to you and your Family. Our thoughts and prayers are with you. Hoping you feel better too. Flu or Virus can take a lot out of you. Be well. Fondly, Beebe and Family

al- sorry to hear of the lose of your sister,al take care of yourself an know my prayers are with you an for you your friend bogey.

condolensce to al and family

al,

i am truly sorry about your sister. i know this added heartache on top of your own physical limitations and esp. the awful stomach virus, was just about more than a normal man could bear - but you are a very strong and courageous man who has so willingly shared insight and information to us all. we all thank you for that, and i know i speak for everyone when i say get well soon and we send hugs.

jackie

Al -

Sorry to hear you lost your sister. And then getting the flu - what a trying week. Take your time with the forum business. We'll keep until your feeling better.

Liz

Hi Al,

Sorry about your sister. We missed you. It is good to have you back.

Mike

I'm so sorry to hear you lost your sister. This must be a emotionally tough time for you and your family. My prayers are with you.

Al I am so sorry for your sister's loss

Al I am sorry for your sister"s loss, my best friend died of of lung cancer , when she was 43, didn't smoke and my husband's cousin died two yrs. ago at age 42 from the same disease, she too didn't smoke.

As to your abscence in the forums I was missing you, was going to post a message today to know if someone could tell me what was happening with you.

Guess what? I got the same virus you had about two weeks ago, thank God I didn't pass it on to my husband Jorge.

Take care you know we all love you and wish you the best.

Paty
Husband's Caregiver
DX 10/17/05

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back