Status
Not open for further replies.
I am glad that your wife is healing well. I hope the speech returns. Also glad that a home health nurse came out to show you how to care for it. We went home with no information and no one came out. So frustrating. You might check with the nutritionist or the clinic and see if they possibly have some samples? It took a few tries for us to find one that was high calorie and that he could tolerate.

Rob happy to hear all things are going well. As to the formula, as other have said, may take a couple tries to find one that agrees with her. You can always use ensure through the tube if necessary, but it sounds like she is still eating ok.

As to the speech, it could be something needing to wear off or it could just happen to coinside with the surgery and would have happened regardless as this time. For us, whenever Brian was in the hospital he always seemed to lose ground. Do you have an ipad she could use for text to speech in the interim? Assuming she can still use her hands some.

Hugs,

Sue

Sue - We have an Android tablet. If she's really frustrated and it's important, I'll hand her the tablet and bring up the memo app. She can type what she wants to say.

Rob

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back