Status
Not open for further replies.
No Roadie. Beth is right.
Hoping had to delete 1 very distasteful post, that is what I was trying to prevent from happening again.

ouch....

I guess I don't belong here.

Thanks for the quick reply. I appreciate it.

Sorry you feel that way Sammy. You are welcome here as everyone is but we try to keep the bad language at a minimum.

This probably doesn't belong on this thread ... maybe the emotional lability one? ... but since this is a dead topic, and I HAVE to share this with someone and hopefully Sammy will appreciate it ....

At the pulmo's appointment yesterday ... the doctor's a real jerk, arrogant and cold (he almost killed me in the hospital once, when I had respiratory failure and they did an angiogram, and somehow caused me to be bleeding into my abdomen, and closed me up, and I went into shock and they "almost lost me," according to this guy, but somebody figured out what was happening and they managed to stop the bleeding, all of which has nothing to do with this story, except he was part of the team that tried to kill me then saved me) ...

anyway, I've been seeing him every three months for three years now. He comes into the exam room (we've been sitting there for an hour, waiting for him). My husband is there in a wheel chair, I'm there with my walker and our caregiver is sitting beside me, and the doctor immediately begins examining my husband. He's having my poor husband breathe deeply, and tapping his back and peering into his throat, and I enjoyed it for a few minutes because, as I said, I really don't like this jerk, and the caregiver and I are nudging each other like mad, and finally, I typed in my LightWriter, "I'm the patient."

The doctor freezes, then says, "Too f-bomb funny!" and goes to his computer.

And my caregiver and I lost it. We roared, and the doc had a s***-eating grin on his face, and we couldn't stop laughing. As we were giggling uncontrollably, I typed, "I'm sorry, this is Emotional Lability and I can't control it," (which was a lie, as laughter was the exact appropriate response) and he said "Come back in six weeks," and stormed out. I convinced the receptionist to make it three months. Hopefully, I will have stopped laughing by then. I'm thinking maybe next time I'll wear a big sign, 'PATIENT."

If I liked him, I would have tried to smooth it over for him, but I just sat back and enjoyed it.

Last edited:
Beth,

That makes you a real person. A bad person would have kicked him in the stones for being a dick.

Glen

Beth, he must really have his head up his rear to not have a clue who the patient was. And no, it doesn't make you a bad person to laugh at someone else's stupidity, especially after all you have been through with him.

Beth,

That is hilarious! (Classic for you of course)

I hope you didn't actually need to see him, it seems I remember he wasn't that helpful with the bipap, and other ALS related pulmo issues....

That was great Beth....thanks for the laugh!

Beth, I wish I could have been there to witness it!

Roadie, I'll play your character in the upcoming epic movie being written (based on your life story).

I'm sure we must resemble each other to some degree (I have 2 arms, you have 2 arms, etc...)

(I won't demand a huge salary, either - just a percentage of the action figures made in my likeness, ha - ha!)

Zaphoon

Why would anyone in their right mind want to watch a moving with someone suffering through ALS to the end. I am at the 1.5 year mark we think because there are other health issues that have messed us up for a long time and I would never want anyone to see the changes that have happened to me. Most people do not care unless it Tiger Woods or something jucy. Beleive me there is nothing jucy about ALS. Its horrible on everyone around the person who has it. I tell me wife often I have the only easy part as I watch her suffer just as much as I do. Sometimes we just sit and cry together. If I actually thought it would bring in one dollar for reasearch I would be all for it but this Country is nut with Greed and lust not in helping our fellow man or woman. I am still in the anger stage so guess still touchy. My father is still alive and I see the pain in his face every time we see each other. It seem like each week one more problem develops. I could never watch a show showing someone going through it. Maybe I am the one thats nuts I just do not see a point in it. I am also a Vet and fighting through the VA system. If you want to make a movie make it on how the VA is so underfunded and has no resources to help. the people who work for the VA have tried their hardest to make my life better but they lack the tools and the time to do anything is months. By the time they order something I have already gone on to the next stage and its a waste.
Dave

Don't waist your life being angry. Try to enjoy each day and don't dwell on what the future may bring.

I focus on today and am thankful for what I can still do. Life is GREAT!

Please don't borrow trouble from tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back