Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
UK
State
UK
City
Liverpool
Hello my name is Jordan I am 23 years old, I have been scared and worried for the past 9 weeks thinking I’ve got ALS/MND, it all started off with me sitting with my partner and tried to take a sip of my cup of tea and I felt I couldn’t swallow so I then had a panic attack which lasted 1 hour to 1 an a half, since then I’ve had swallowing problems but I don’t know if it is because I am focusing on my Swallowing I then started having breathing difficulties again focusing on my breathing which made it irregular, then I started getting muscle twitches and this has been all over legs arms back chest hands fingers thumbs tongue eyes the lot, my thumbs feel stiff at times like I normally play my PlayStation to ease some stress and anxiety it’s always been a calmer for me but I haven’t been able to sit and play on my PlayStation cause I’m scared my thumbs feel stiff, I have a child and a pregnant partner I keep looking at them and crying uncontrollably because I keep thinking I’ve got MND/ALS, I have spoken to my doctor he laughed at me and said I don’t have MND/ALS I’ve had 2 blood tests 3 heart ECG’s and a chest x-ray all have came back clear, I’m so scared I keep checking my biceps triceps calves thighs pectorals and thumb muscles and muscle in between pointer finger and thumb I’m really scared, I have read the sticky’s before posting but thought to get somebody else’s opinion

Your symptoms are classic for anxiety and panic. None of your symptoms suggest ALS. Please get help for your anxiety. You don’t belong here.

Can anyone offer me any advice please, I posted the other day but recently noticed these dents on my hands I’m only 23 and I’m scared I have ALS/MND, I have all over body twitching in my legs arms stomach tongue eye lids face finger thumbs, I have swallowing problems but I don’t know whether that is due down to I’m focusing on my swallowing, I’m really scared that I might have ALS/MND. Thank you in advance

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 160
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 142
Jordan, please read this if you have not already done so:

Again, your story does not suggest ALS. Dents are common and nonspecific, as is twitching.

Jordan, please read this if you have not already done so:

Again, your story does not suggest ALS. Dents are common and nonspecific, as is twitching.

thank you for your reply, I’m just scared I’ve been crying uncontrollably For ages I’m really frightened, I understand how rare ALS/MND is especially in my age it’s pretty much unheard of but I’m just scared

Stop crying, you don't have ALS; that's a wonderful thing. Congrats and the best of luck to you going forward. Do take good care.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back