Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
CA
City
Garden Grove
I’m a 37 year old female , I’ve been having Severe thigh and knee pain and weakness for months . My thighs look like they are starting to Loose muscle. I’m also having weakness and throbbing pain in both of my arms . Another issue is I’ve been having jaw tightness and pain and my voice is almost a whisper . My daughter jokes about it but I’m really scared. I’ve gone to the er multiple times and they have done a mri and said I have Herniated discs in my L3 L4 L5 .I just don’t know what to do anymore . I was prescribed Norco and gabapentin and it doesn’t help at all.I can barley sleep because my legs feel like a electric shock and jult me awake. I have a appointment with a neurologist on October 26th. Thank you so much for your time.

I am sorry that you are so scared. If the Norco is not helping, I would certainly consider stopping it since it is an addictive drug, while remaining monitored by your primary care clinician, who should be able to suggest other options like therapeutic massage (covered by many plans to a limited extent) and/or a physical therapy evaluation while you await your appointment.

It is very possible that the injured disks are causing some of your problems, and the neurologist can address the treatment options with you. It may also be worth getting on the cancellation list with multiple neuros in your network, to try to get an earlier appointment, since you are losing sleep. You could also try putting a pillow under your knees and/or using a body pillow to sleep in a different position.

The good news... I don't see ALS in this at all.

Best,
Laurie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back