Learn about ALS
Country
AR
State
buenos aires
City
buenos aires
Please help me.
Two months ago I started having weird sensations all over my body, and I dont know why I began thinking about ALS.
A week later, I began having pain in both calves, I went to the doctor and told me it seemed like inflammation due to the use of flip flops, but I became really obsessed with the chance of ALS.
That inflammation lasted about two weeks, and when I walked it felt better.
About a month ago, I began having fasciculations all over my body, and i am TERRIFIED, I went to a neurologist and I told him about my wide body fasciculations and my fear about developing ALS, and he didnt take me serious, because I am 19 years old.He told me my reflexes were normal for my age.
He gave me some diazepam, which helps but doesnt make them go away. My blood tests came normal, except for high uric acid (8.1) and a bit of high protein in blood.
My fasciculations are all over my body: legs, arms, back, butt, eyelid, and even on my forehead.
All of these haves me restless, and really depressed, I spend my days looking for forums and opinions on the internet, I dont eat or sleep, I am thinking about this 24/7.
Is it common to have wide- body fasciculations in the start of ALS?
Please help me!
I am female and nineteen years old.
I have read the sticky, but still....

Last edited:
As in the sticky, fasciculations mean nothing. They are so common as to not be diagnostic of anything. The fasciculations seen in ALS tend to be localised to affected muscles. So being body wide and having sensory symptoms as well would point away from ALS. But anxiety can also be life altering, so get help with that.
Vincent

Thank you foro answering!
I Also started with Muscle pain on one calf when I walk.... Can this be an indicator of weakness?
Im so sorry yo bother you all.

You've received your anser lilire. I hope you can seek help for your anxiety.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back