Diagnosis
12/2020
Country
CA
State
NS
City
Halifax
Hi, for a couple months now I've been getting progressively worse symptoms on my left leg. Started with weakness and a weird feeling in my left calf after a week long hike (105km). Weeks after returning home and recovering, it then slowly progressed up my leg : knee pain, and now my left quad feels awful. My whole leg now feels weaker. And seeing a couple different physiotherapists, they have reported that indeed my left leg is weaker (seemingly out of nowhere?). The thing is I've been doing exercises to try and strengthen my quad and my leg altogether and it just feels like nothing is getting better, and my quad has also been twitching recently.

Im 22 and scared to death that it could be ALS and I pray that i'll get better.

My heart goes out to all of you with ALS,

Sam

Sounds like a leg injury. Pain and feelings of weakness often go together as you describe because you're conscious of/testing/babying the leg. See a doctor on line or IRL, however's safe.

ALS is at the bottom of hundreds of higher-likelihood reasons for your leg problem.

Best,
Laurie

Hi Laurie, thanks for your reply.

My issue is pretty complicated and I'm going to see a doctor in a couple days to try and find solution.
I'm still very worried, lately my calf has gotten worse (I've been in quarantine for the past 2 weeks) and I've been getting worse and worse (what feels like) nerve pain, is this an issue that some people with ALS have?

Thanks,

Sam

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back