Squashbottle

Reason
Learn about ALS
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
UK
Im so worried i have ALS.

Started having twitching in my right arm around my tricep roughly one year ago. It only happened when i lifted my arm around the back of my head to rest in bed. However, it started occurring randomly without doing this a couple weeks after and eventually progressed to my left arm after a month or two where they were both twitching for weeks. Noticed some muscle loss in my right arm although going to the gym fairly regularly. Also noticed my right tricep (where the twitching first started) was a lot weaker than its counterpart.

Went to the doctors and got a blood test which came back fine with nothing abnormal but i was still worried but just brushed it under the rug really. More recently the twitches have spread to my legs where it happens the most now but is not so common in my arms but still does happen every now and again. Also there is a very small dull pain i get in my right arm at times. I also get the twitches in random places all over my body now and sometimes after i blink my right eye will twitch a few times after but this only happens on random days and can last the whole day.

To recap, now the twitches mostly occur in my legs however they can happen anywhere just lest frequent, my right tricep where the twitches started is much weaker and quite smaller than the left tricep. My lower eyelid sometimes twitches after blinking some days. Sorry i feel as though i have rattled on and i have probably typed a jumbled up piece of nonsense but if you can decipher it and give me any feedback i would greatly appreciate it, i will hopefully be contacting my local doctor in the next few days

Last edited by a moderator:
We do ask that people read here: Read Before Posting

Twitching absent clinical weakness does not point to ALS/MND.

Take care

Instead of "hopefully contacting" your GP, do it tomorrow. S/he can explain to you that your fears are groundless.

Definitely always see your doctor with concerns rather than the internet.
I don't see ALS in anything you have happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back