Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
US
State
Nevada
City
Reno
I've read the stickies, and understand that you all are going to tell me to go to a doctor, however I don't have that option. I am a 16 year old male, poor diet, slightly overweight, never exercise, sit all day, and my sleep pattern is anywhere from 5 to 12 hours. For around a year or so, I started noticing twitching in my abdomen, which I originally associated with a parasite... However the past few weeks, I've been getting a lot of twitching absolutely everywhere in my body. Stomach, arms, feet, no hands, but I had a persistent twitch for around 3 days located in one area, which has now subsided. And today, after I started researching ALS, I learned that muscle weakness was the #1 sign. After reading that, I realized that my muscles were pretty weak in my arms. I can't clench a very tight fist, sort of like when you first wake up. Now, I am a SEVERE hypochondriac, and my life has been ruined from it. I have fears of parasites, and now I have this fear of ALS, but according to the internet I have all the symptoms. I am only 16, so I know this is rare, but I'm not ready to die. ): Someone please help reassure me that it could be something else, but be honest, if you think I have it, just tell me.

The reason I can't go to the doctor is because my mother won't take me. She knows that out of every fear or disease I've had for years, not one of them was real. Thanks a ton guys, God bless.

No you don't have ALS. Not even close.

AL.

What Al said...

We are positive. Do you have a school counsellor that you can talk with? Can you start taking better care of yourself since you are aware that you are just sitting and becoming a hypochondriac. How about setting some small goals for yourself to make things better i.e. I will walk 6 blocks every day, I will do an act of kindness for a neighbor once a week etc. You need to get focused on some things to make you feel better about yourself, and that usually involves doing for others. Best of luck to you.
Laurel

Thanks, Laurel! I am actually very active on weekends. I volunteer at Red Cross, The animal shelter, and the Food Bank of Nevada. However, I never have quit the amount of determination to lose weight or better myself.

Terminal, Go join a Y. Mem ber ships are usually cheaper than at a regular gym. Start with 1 lap on a treadmill. Then when you think you can move up to 2, go for it. Just keep doing it.

My other suggestion would be to stop oo gl ing doc tor go og le. You're way too young and have already set yourself up on the hypochondriac trail. Jump off now and don't look back. You will thank us later.

You really need to have your mom take you to a doc tor (not because I think you have A L S, far from it). But to help with anxiety. You mentioned your mom not taking you to doc tor because of previous health anxiety scares, this is one time she needs to take you. You may need to talk to a psychiatrist or even just take medicine. You need to talk to your mom.

Good luck to you,

Twitching is nothing to be concerned about, especially if it's just randomly all over.

Correct your diet and exercise some before freaking out. :)

Call Dr Louie in Reno. They have an ALS clinic there that is funded by the MDA. They probably will not schedule an Appt based on your symptoms. But they May be able to direct you to a counsellor or at least ease yourrmind that u do not have ALS. What high school do you go to? I live in Reno and know a few of the HS Counsellors

I must admit, it's very hard to take what you are saying seriously. There are contradictions. One minute you are overweight and unhealthy, sitting all day, then you are running around volunteering!

Your diet is quite possibly your issue. You do t have ALS, that's for sure. If you are sitting about eating takeaways, you are probably poisoning your poor young body. Clogging up your arteries with fat.

Get out, get fit, only eat fresh produce with NO pre made food.........bet it helps

Oh and get support for your anxiety from your parents if you can. I have a close friend who is a terrible hypochondriac and her life is terrible. Get better now :)

OMG! Look who is now giving advice! See post 8. TOTO Trfogy and the rest of us can retire.

So this is truly what happens to you after 11 o clock at night. Sadiemae you're bad to the bone. LOL

I saw it as I scrolled down and said, "LAWD, Thank ya LAWD. We healed another one!" But I thought I would let it slide. Think they took our advice?

Last edited:
Thank you all so much for putting my mind at east. I am lazy, and overweight by around 15 pounds, but I love to help people who are in a worse position than me. I can sleep soundly because of you all. :rolleyes:

how can anyone calling themselves Terminal....be taken seriously.......its gotta be a windup...johnny

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back