Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
MI
City
Commerce Township
Greetings. I'm hoping someone will read this and give me an honest opinion. I really appreciate that this forum exists.

About 2 months ago I noticed that my lower legs, both of them, felt heavy and sore at night. Not pain but sore deep inside the calf muscles. Like a charley horse deep inside both calves. They also feel twitchy, just inside the calf muscles, nowhere else. Eventually the twitchy feeling moved down to the muscles in my feet.

Originally it was just at night. Now it's all the time. Both calves are so sore and heavy all the time, even when I'm walking around, and my calves and feet have a near constant, tiny twitch feeling. It's so scary and distracting, I can't sleep more than an hour at a time.

I'm wondering if anyone has any thoughts on this. I'm really depressed at this point. I was an endurance athlete. I'm slow but I always prided myself because I could always keep going. See whatever race I was doing to the end. Now I'm dragging my heavy, twitchy, sore legs around, wondering what happened. And so sad that I might not ever feel ok again.

Anyway... any thoughts are welcome. If you read this, I thank you.

ALS does not present like this. Most likely you have a virus or something has gone awry with your training, sleep or work positioning. You can schedule a video call with your primary care physician, who knows your history, to start to rule out things that would be more serious.

Best,
Laurie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back