lhagsjr

Distinguished member
Country
US
State
PA
City
Philadelphia
my muscles are shrinking at an unbelievable rate the last month or so. All my joints are popping and cracking whenever there is motion and this is due to the lack of muscle support. It is inevitable with twitching involved that I have ALS. Im just way to young to be thrown this curveball and my poor wife of 15 months definitely shouldnt have to care for me. Ive been praying to God lately that I would die in my sleep everynight before I go to bed. Could those on here please pray for my request.

Thank You

I am so sorry...

lhagsjr, I am so so sorry that you and your wife are going thru this horrible experience. I am just so sorry, I wish there were no more ALS, it's just so unfair....:cry:

Sincerly,

Michelle

Hi lhagsjr, I am sorry you are going through such a bad patch. May I ask how long you have been feeling like this? From your other posts I don't remember you being this discouraged...Please write back and tell us more about how you are feeling. Cindy

I too am sorry you're feeling this way. I certainly have felt the same. I guess only suggestion I'd have for you is to share those feelings with your wife and see what she has to say. Also, to ask yourself how you would feel if your wife were the one with ALS. I imagine you'd want to continue to love her and take care of her...

Hang in there. This is a horrible disease. We are lucky we have each other for support. Keep checking in.

I'm very sorry you are so discouraged and I cannot imagine what you must be going through. I will pray for you so that God will somehow be able to help you and your wife.

Do you have a lot of family support besides your wife?

Please let us know what is going on with you.

Hang in there....

I know how you must feel, as I too have been as discouraged as you. Remember those who love you and those you love and try and see how you going will affect them. Quite often I wonder why my wife of 44 yrs is being put through the torment that she endures, it isnt me heck Im just a spectator in this. I have no control over anything, hell I cant even pull up my own pants. I asked her why and she said when she said for better or worse, she was serious. Im sure your sweet wife feels the same way. We will pray for you and believe me prayer does help.....wm

Hang on Lou,

don't put yourself in the grave yet. Depression will make things move faster. All your test so far have been negative. You've even had the neuro explain in depth to you.

Wasn't your EMG a very thourough one.

Listen, i went so far, as planning my funeral, wondering who the pallbearers would be, how to make sure i don't leave any friends out to carry the casket, setting up a trust for my wife and kids (so another man couldn't come live off my kids money) and i was to the point of writing my own uligy (sp.)...... You know what, i'm still here. I may be falling apart, but they will have to cut me one piece at a time.

Hang in there, you will have the biopsy report soon, it's a hard time waiting. What is the date you are sched. to go in?

Rgds,

Jamie

Hi Ihagsjr i am a female with als my husband also helps me dress. Lately i have been feeling the same way. everyone has been telling me when they visit i lift them up hmmmmm thats strange but, i 've come to realize that everyday i have left i will use it to touch somebody. i pray for your peace and let your precious wife love and care for you. do not be afraid to let her care for you i'm sure this gives her great pleasure. GOD BLESS YOU AND YOUR WIFE. janf

Aug. 2005

Everything was going haywire at first so fast I truly thought I would be dead by Dec. 2005, symptoms started really fast and hard in aug. 2005. but leveled off in Jan. and I am doing ok still, so don't throw in the towel yet!

lhagsjr said:
my muscles are shrinking at an unbelievable rate the last month or so. All my joints are popping and cracking whenever there is motion and this is due to the lack of muscle support. It is inevitable with twitching involved that I have ALS. Im just way to young to be thrown this curveball and my poor wife of 15 months definitely shouldnt have to care for me. Ive been praying to God lately that I would die in my sleep everynight before I go to bed. Could those on here please pray for my request.

Thank You
I am sorry you feel this way>I have been there/. Go to see your doctor maybe you need a antidepression. You cant give into this. Too many people love you and need you. Life can be wonderful even with ALS. Everyday is a blessing seeing my grandchildren my children friends family and being held by my husband. Your wife loves you and will be there for you let her know how you feel, and enjoy everyday you have with her Pat

I have fought...

so many things for 10 months. Im spent. I have fought:

1.) The symptoms and watching my 28 years young body deterioate in front of my eyes. The last 2 weeks have been HORRIBLE because i have lost so much muscle just in the last 2 weeks its amazing.

2.) PAIN: My shoulders are KLLING ME 24/7 from being unstable. They pop in and out of the join3 and crackle ALL DAY long with any movement.

3.) The struggle with my family. They dont think Im crazy but they dont believe me that its as serious as it is...

4.) Financial worries. How the hell are we going to afford the mortgage when I cant work which is going to be very soon. I struggle VERY MUCH to get out of bed now.

I truely want to die.

The Defining Moment

I am so concerned for you and all who struggle with ALS. I have a great friend, my Boss who is challenged daily with his ALS struggles. He was Dx about 1 year ago. ALS has progressed quite quickly. There is no doubt in my mind that he is beginning to have the same feelings as you. Please try to consider the defining moments in your daily challenges.

Either YOU define the moment OR the moment Defines you.

Although my friend struggles, he comes to School -Every Day-( Principal) - Full of mission and drive to continue helping us strive for excellence through reflection and change. Beyond what he offers us professionally, he has inspired both students and faculty to never give up. His Attitude is interpreted as ... do not go gently into that good night...

Embrace the time you have with your wife and family / parents. When you wake each day, there is purpose in your life to touch someone. Your wife will remember you forever and your spirit will live on in all whome you work and interact with.

You Can define each moment of each day- Don't let Your pain define you!

lhagsjr said:
so many things for 10 months. Im spent. I have fought:

1.) The symptoms and watching my 28 years young body deterioate in front of my eyes. The last 2 weeks have been HORRIBLE because i have lost so much muscle just in the last 2 weeks its amazing.

2.) PAIN: My shoulders are KLLING ME 24/7 from being unstable. They pop in and out of the join3 and crackle ALL DAY long with any movement.

3.) The struggle with my family. They dont think Im crazy but they dont believe me that its as serious as it is...

4.) Financial worries. How the hell are we going to afford the mortgage when I cant work which is going to be very soon. I struggle VERY MUCH to get out of bed now.

I truely want to die.
Please go see dr Terry heiman Patterson at drexal neuology in Philly she is in a ALS clinic and she is wonderful There is a team there you can talk to. and get some answers. Pat

Hi Lou-I was impressed reading the responses to your post. Lots of people are pulling for you, and all have walked in your shoes and know the fear and anguish. I hope you know how much we care. Cindy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back