Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
VA
City
Richmond
36 y/o male with 1 grandparent diagnosed with ALS (at 73) and died at 75.

2.5 months ago had twitching every ~8 seconds in right arm. After a week it moved throughout body but was primarily in right arm. It went away for 2 weeks, then came back primarily in right arm and left calf (and occasionally throughout body). In mid Jan (1.5 month after start) twitching stopped in right arm but is now concentrated in both legs. Have almost persistent, really small, twitching in the bottom of calves when in a certain position, and larger twitches in rest of body (aside from face which is small). Saw my GP, who dismissed as anxiety, but got neuro referral after begging. Benign normal blood panel results. Saw neuro today who said they didn't think I had ALS after physical exam. Scheduled for MRI, EMG, and neuro related blood tests to try to determine cause of twitching. Twitching is lighter/heavier depending on the day.

No muscle weakness or atrophy. Been running and improving my speed.

Worried about EMG finding fibrillations (rather than normal twitching).

I know people never have twitching first, but I always feel like I didn't say the right thing to the doctor. Oddly enough you blasting me will make me feel better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back