Reason
PALS
Country
US
State
louisiana
City
franklinton
My wife is losing her voice faster than we anticipated, are there any sources of help we can get to purchase a voice computer.
Anthony

Hi Anthony. Are you in Canado or the US or elsewhere? Different places have different sources for funding. AL.

Hi Al,
We live in Louisiana. USA

Hi Anthony. Have you registered with the ALSA or MDA. They usually have programs to help with assistive devices. If you go to www.alsa.org and look at In Your Community there will be offices in Louisiana. They should be able to steer you in the right direction.
AL.

Hi Anthony

I can tell ya from experience the speach assist does not work well when the voice she has is changing they are very expensive also my Mom has been dealing with speach problems for a long time the best idea I have had and it works well I did it for my mom who is bed ridden now and cant even use the remote control for the TV so dad and I wrote down all the phrases she says questions to things she asks for and then typed them up onto a numbered list now she just says the number I hope this helps

Talking Computer

Hi Anthony,

If you have a computer, any in the last 4 years of even longer and the internet, you can download a free program that will say anything you type into it. Go to the website readplease.com and download the free reading program. It has a computer sounding voice but it works with punctation and you can make the letters bigger or smaller or color code it for better seeing of the print. That is a permanent program. But it also has a program you can buy for less than a 100 dollars or so with more features. Try the free one first. Best Wishes, Peg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back