Diagnosis
11/2005
Country
CA
State
Ontario
City
Toronto
So my wife is pregnant - we are expecting January 6.

I'm both incredibly excited and scared silly.

Thanks to both Mike27 and Sufernan for being a huge inspiration.

It's nice to think of new life.

Congrats!

Wish you and your wife and child to be well!

Please keep us updated!

rcharlton

Hi, Just want to say Congatulations. So happy for you. My Best to you and your family. Beebe

How wonderful. What a great thing to brighten up everyones day. Enjoy it goes by to fast. Take care of each other and keep us posted. Sherry

To Proud Papa

Congratulations to all three of you! You sound like you're soaring!

Frizzel

congrats

Hey good news a new life is always a good thing to smile about. Have a good week!:-D

CONGRATULATIONS! That's wonderful news! And best wishes to your wife for an easy pregnancy! Sharon

That's fantastic news! Congratulations. :-D

Liz

That's what happens when you quit work - too much time on your hands!:-D Really though, congratulations and after January you'll never lack for something to do.

Thanks everyone

We had to do IVF – nothing ALS RELATED – JUST THAT MY BOYS WERE A LITTLE SLOW (SORRY FOR BEING SO GRAPHIC)

SINCE WE ARE ALL FRIENDS HERE – I ALSO HAVE SOME SPECIMEN COLLECTING ANECDOTES – ONE INVOLVED BEING REQUIRED TO PRODUCE A SPECIMEN IN THE HANDICAP WASHROOM OF THE FERTILITY CLINIC – IT WAS ON THE GROUND FLOOR AND IT HAD A WINDOW THROUGH WHICH I COULD SEE PEOPLE WALK BY THROUGH THE BLINDS – PLUS THE WALLS WERE PAPER THIN AND I COULD HEAR THE STAFF TALK ABOUT THEIR CHRISTMAS HOLIDAY PLANS “SO BETTY WHAT ARE YOUR PLANS?” “ WELL BILL AND I WILL PROBABLY VISIT MY FOLKS IN OWEN SOUND – AND MY KIDS ARE COMING BACK FROM SCHOOL – HOW ABOUT YOU?” “WELL – TED AND I WILL BE TAKING A CARIBBEAN CRUISE…” - I THOUGHT TO MYSELF THAT YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING – I CAN’T DO THIS WITH SO MANY DISTRACTIONS – I WAS THINKING THAT I WOULD HAVE TO COME BACK SOME OTHER TIME – BUT THEN I WOULD NEED TO WALK BACK TO RECEPTION WITH AN EMPTY SPECIMEN CUP….

ON THE DAY OF THE EGG RETRIEVAL – MY WIFE WAS AT THE HOSPITAL AND I WAS SENT TO THE CLINIC A FEW BLOCKS AWAY TO 'PRODUCE' MY CONTRIBUTION – WHEN I WAS FINISHED - I WAS TOLD TO RUN BACK ASAP WITH THE SPECIMEN CUP HELD UNDER MY ARMPIT TO KEEP WARM – ON THE WAY OUT OF THE CLINIC – I BUMPED INTO A FORMER CLIENT IN THE ELEVATOR WITH MY SPECIMEN CUP TUCKED UNDER MY ARM – I WASN’T SURE WHAT THE PROTOCOL WAS IN A SITUATION LIKE THAT – DO I SHAKE HER HAND ? WOULD SHE WANT TO SHAKE MY HAND KNOWING WHAT I HAD JUST BEEN DOING? I JUST RAN OUT OF THE ELEVATOR AND TOLD HER I WOULD CATCH UP WITH HER LATER

Oh MY!

I don't know if you meant this to be funny but I am cracking up. "Catch ya later" was the perfect response.

My mother in law who would have been over 100 years old if she was alive now had 7 sons. Her mother had told her you get pregnant under the armpit. SHE was RIGHT!

You sound so happy! Yup, you won't be lacking for something to do that's for sure. In Joy!

I am so happy for you .The story was soooo funny I laughed great story for Readers Digest . This baby is what you need . God Bless You Both Pat

Congratulations! The conception and birth of new life is always a happy occasion.

:-D:-DWOOHOO!
Way to go! You're gonna make a great papa!

Obviously, like your signature line, you're getting busy living!

Cheers!

Hi Rich-loved the story! A new baby is just what we need around here! Plus John is right-your life is about to get very busy. I am so happy for all of you.

PS. Our next grandchild is due January 6th. Maybe we'll be posting pictures ofnewborns the same week! Cindy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back