Reason
Lost a loved one
Country
US
State
Ohio
City
N/a
God I'm so embarrassed that I'm here... But im afraid and fear can make you do things that embarrass you. Anyway the reason why I'm here is for about a month I've been having a strange weak feeling in my leg above the knee I can still do everything there is no noticeable clinical weakness but it definitely feels weak, I'm limping and I'm begining to twitch in that area as well. Now I know that lack of clinical weakness points away from ALS I did read the stickies but I also know that the leg is made up of LOTS of different muscles and maybe it just haven't progressed enough to really fail yet? I consider myself quite educated and so I'm trying to be logical but my anxiety is taking over. A little background I've known 2 people with this disease one is my cousin she just recently got diagnosed and another was a good family friend who recently died from it and I'm heart broken over his death. Im 24 years old so I know I'm young but I also know it's not impossible! Sorry for wasting your time. I pray for those with this disease all the time.

You won't know anything at all until you see a doctor....and not Dr google. Ann Arbor is 2 hours away. Make an appointment. Odds are greatly in your favor. Let someone besides you tell you what's up.

Odds are definitely in your favor. In fact, I wouldn't worry about it.

It's very common to worry about this after you've seen someone die from it.

Get treatment for anxiety, and I think your weakness will go away.

Hi i just wanted to REPLY im also 24yrs old from Detroit MI.......it all started 8/14....With a lump in my throat about a week later body wide twitching and pins and needles feeling all over body....the pins and needles went away...Now i still have twitching and stiffness in the legs,feet,hands,neck,shoulders also back of thighs and legs....had an emg came back clean having another one on my left leg were most the stiffness is at....your not alone in this i feel your pain and how scary it is thinking you possibly have ALS...... God bless you and everybody body that is suffering from this monster...........

Thanks everyone for the reply i am currently taking meds for my anxiety but have just recently within the last few weeks started. I am also looking to find a therapist I can afford! In the mean time I have also made an appointment with my pcp for a general checkup and I plan to ask him about it then! My friend was 70 when he died and in his words "he lived a long, full, happy life even with the disease. I he was always smiling even when he couldn't really I could see it in his eyes. He is my Inspiration if I ever get a horrible disease in my life! But it was so hard to see him go! And then to find out my cousin had it was so sad of course as well! Bugga i hope you find answers! I know it can be frustrating!

Im sorry to hear about your loss :( im sorry about what your going through but it inspired me to see its alot of young people as myself all going through the same thing....and im not alone i hope you find out the problem hopefull something simple.....Looks like your taking it much better then me. .....God Bless All....

but it inspired me to see its alot of young people as myself all going through the same thing.....

And what "same thing" would that be? You don't appear to be going through anything other than threads that you might hijack.

I read your post and don't think you have to worry about having ALS. I think having two people you know have the disease kind of caused your anxiety. Which is nothing to be embarassed about. I am having shoulder problems and before they found out what was going on I have to admit I had some anxiety with it. You are doing the right thing by going to your primary physician first. It could be something very minor going on. Pleae stay off of Dr. Google because it will only cause more anxiety and put thoughts in your head that aren't factual. Also, if you are already on anxiety medicine it does take awhile for it to be up in your system for it to work probally. It takes at least 2 weeks minimum if not more. I have a feeling you are going to be just fine. So, sorry for the loss of your family friend. If you are close to your cousin you might mention this site for her and see if she would like to join us. She would get alot of information and support on here. Kim

Thanks skipper! I will definitely mention it to her when I get the chance! I don't talk to her often as she lives across the country from me but I'll definately try and get in contact with her :) thanks for all your help everyone

Good luck to you Courtney. I also must add that you are a pretty young lady from your profile picture. Don't take me the wrong way on that because I'm a female too and aren't into other woman. lol

May God bless you and keep you close to His heart.

Aw thank you skipper how kind! I'm sure you are quite pretty yourself :D and thanks afraidbutnotalone God bless you as well !

>I'm a female too and aren't into other woman. lol

ah, don't kid yourself, we all know Kim is on the edge ....

I saw that Max! You are going to get it. I actually decided since I'm separated to join the convent. You heard of the Flying Nun. Well, I'm going to be the first cussing nun. I would get thrown out on my first day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back