Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
IT
State
EU
City
Milan
Hello everyone 38 years old 75kg with no family history.
I'll try to make my story short.
Last year I had a couple of months of very very high stress for the fear of having (thanks doctor Google) a colon cancer, then stomach cancer then pancreas cancer due to a pain on the left side which turned to be exactly nothing after going through a colonoscopy followed by a gastroscopy & 3 abdominal ultrasound all prescribed by myself (once again suggested by dr Google). After being reassured on my fears few days later I started to feel like a constant very light fever and started to feel my calves muscles get somehow rigid after weaking up in the morning and a very slight constant numbness in my feet. Couple of weeks after while a was walking I was feeling weak and feeling like my calves would cramp. Got home and when laying on bed my calves were hurting, so I looked at them and found they were twitching almost a twitch every 30 seconds. Searched on google, you know the rest. After that I had four neuro visits 2 clean emg (both asked by me even thought the neuro suggested not to) last was mid februray, all saying I ve no single sign of the disease. In the beginning i would only notice them but now I really feel.During these 10 months the twitching became slowly slowly worst and spread to the all the lower part of the leg calves tibialis and all round pretty much felt when sitting down or laying on bed, then randomly of quads biceps back deltoid (the difference between the lower legs is that latter appear more like fast spasm ).
Around october I started going to the gym and although sometimes I have the feeling of my legs being week Im able to raise
450 lbs with the quads and 600 lbs with the calves (on the press) for some reps and I havent noticed any athropy. The last neuro visited told me that Im living like if I have th disease while I ve nothing, infact I keep searching on google , forums and my daily routine check on alsnewstoday.com before going to bed. Im on antidepressant from july im not anxious just worry from the moment I wake up till the moment I go to sleep keep thinking on it. The reason that keeps me worrying is that this twitching as I said I getting slowly slowly worst. After months of reading, I finally decided to post here dunno why, maybe to hear from someone who had experienced what im experiencing and how it ended up.

Thanks to all of you.

Last edited:
You were right to mention "no single sign of the disease."

I read your post, but I am still looking for anything that involves ALS. There is no ALS in your post at all.

Twitching: Lots of perfectly healthy people twitch. Twitching happens in many conditions. Although there is some twitching involved with ALS, twitching is so common to so many conditions , that it is not diagnostic of ALS.

There's no ALS anywhere in your post.

I see a lot of health anxiety, worrying, and stress. But not any ALS.

I agree with Mike 100%. You don't need to be on this forum. If I were you I would get my anxiety treated and live life to its fullest.

I would get screened for Restless Legs Syndrome if not done already, and after that, focus on nutrition, hydration, sleep, stress, social interaction (take a class, go to a concert...) and steady progress at the gym. Your neuros/people here are right -- you're wasting a likely very healthy life.

Best,
Laurie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back