Diagnosis
11/2007
Country
UK
State
West Sussex
City
East Preston
Hi people here I am I was told I had MND last Nov, I've been told better things!
Where I live in Sussex UK you get good support and of course my wife and family are just too great for words. With me its mainly walking and standing as I don't work anymore (age 68) I suppose I can cope? well you move into a different world you need to think before you do anything..how to do things that require min walking well I can only walk about 10 yards even with my walker so..........When you read about MND it's quite frightening but you need to wait and see what happens to you.

Best Regards To You All Wally

Hello Wally- welcome to the forum. Sorry to hear about your DX, although it sounds like you have a great attitude and I am sure that willgo a long way for you. MND is certainly not easy but the wrong attitude makes it even worse for everybody concerned. Cordially, Cindy

Welcome Wally,
Sorry not to have seen your post until now. You definitely move into a different world when you're diagnosed with ALS! It's a rough road, too, but I'm so glad you have a loving wife and family. You'll find many helpful people here and you'll learn ways of navigating the uncertainties of this new terrain. I'm sure you'll cope fine. Just take one day at a time and keep reading in the forums. Not the happiest place to be, but interesting nonetheless.
Keep us posted.
Take care and all the best.
Jane

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back