Diagnosis
03/2017
Country
US
State
MA
City
Grafton
I have not been on in aa long time but im alive. it seems im fraagile now- I just keep getting injured- either in transfers or my special needs child jumps or steps on me. i no longer posess the mobility to avoid getting trampled. right now im almost positive i have fractured a rib but too scared to go to er.

Oh Kristina. I am so sorry. As long as the rib fracture isn’t displaced and sticking into anything vital the ED can’t do much. It is important to keep taking normal breaths but I think you are on bipap anyway? Try to figure out how to protect the area so nothing gets moved around to cause more problems.

hope you feel better

I’m sorry Kristina. I was wondering about you, so I’m glad you checked in.
I hope you have some type of lift for transfers.

I hope you feel better soon.

Kristina,

I am so sorry. I've been wondering about you also so thank you for letting us know. I hope you heal quickly, Kate

I was also thinking of you as you hadn't posted in a while. I wish you a speedy recovery and hope you did not break a rib. I know that is a very painful thing. I hope the home improvements you did a little while ago were beneficial. Sending GOOD THOUGHTS to you.

So sorry Kristina. I know how painful cracked ribs can be. Do you have a lift for transfers?

Kristina, although I'm so worried about your injuries, I am glad you took the time to check in. Please take care!
Sending hugs that don't hurt! 🤗 🤗 🤗 🤗 :love:

I'm very sorry, Kristina. An Ace wrap billed as for knees might be the right size for your ribs -- nothing too tight. BraceAbility also has a rib binder with more shape to it, on Amazon.

You might also want to adjust your target volume downward on the BiPAP if there is pain with breathing.

Oh that's painful :(
I also wondered that you were quiet and I'm so sorry you have to suffer physical pain just now.

Did you say you are being injured during transfers too?

You have been on my mind. I hope you're ok! Rib pain is awful. I'm sorry that happened to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back