Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
NY
City
New York
Hello everyone, I apologize in advance for my English but I am not a native speaker.
I would also like to thank everyone for any advice or comment.
I really appreciate it.

I am a 34 year old woman, 24 weeks pregnant

I have had neurological problems since November 2019,
it all started only with a headache (summer 2019) then added joint pain, shaking of the head, tremor in the body and limbs. I started taking magnesium and calcium, then these problems subsided and from November the muscle twitches (visible) began to run all over the body. The more I was stressed the more they were seen and felt.

There was a period of rest and a period when the joints ached, the muscles twitched. I went around a neurologist, a rheumatologist, a district doctor, and they found nothing.

My problems since November 2019 are:

*fasciculation (shoulder blades, pecumies, legs, hands)-most but is "affected"left side of the body-a few twitching per day

*long-term fasciculation on the foot of the left foot (inner arch-feel,light and tilt of the foot can be seen

*sometimes I feel as if the goosebumps inside the muscle in the left leg (from the knee down)will come,pass-second 0, *I'm feeling a quick trembling in my left knee for a few days now (probably a deep fasciculation)

*when lying on the ground or a flat mat, I can't feel the incredible pain in the back of my spine, just standing over my side and a lot of pain when I move

*pain in sitting or leaning under the right breast/rib-pain is as if the pressure to the rib, when straightened leaves

*sometimes I feel a tickle in the muscles of my left leg (t.anterior, back of the calf)

*with severe toe tension, calf cramp-occasionally

*leg muscle pain turn only the lower-tibia-occasionally

*pulsation (feeling of rhythmic palpitations) in the back of the buttocks[/COLOR]

I feel like my NERVOUS SYSTEM is sick, and I can't get rid of that feeling.
I'm afraid of ALS disease-that these are the first manifestations... IS THAT POSSIBLE?
The examination I've had:
MR brain-free find
MRI of the spinal cord
EEG 2x (abnormalities)
blood donations for rheumatism factors, borella, minerals, liver and kidney tests, thyroid (reduced value)
ULT carotid
ULT veins and blood vessels DK
rheumatological examination
4/20EMG conductivity-free pathology
7/20EMG conductivity+needle (one muscle t.anterior left foot)-normal finding without pathology,for polyneoropathy does not testify. Examination at the county hospital. There was polyneuropathy in the neurologist's office.
9/20EMG conductivity+needle(impaled 3 muscles on the left leg-t anterior,gastrocne.,femoral muscle)-normal finding without pathology,not good for polyneuropathy and neurosophageal disease or ALS-this examination I had in Prague in a private EMG laboratory (here the doctor still tried reflexes for me-he did not find anything outside)In the neurologist's demand for the exclusion of ALS (I told my doctor about this disease, she always checked me out and found nothing, but for my peace of mind I was given a requisition. The doctor in Prague calmed me down and was actually quiet for about two weeks... Now it's over, as I describe it. Sometimes I dissolve Magnosolv but not in regular doses. Yesterday I was sitting with my left leg bent in my knee, and I got a cramp in my entire left leg. I think the sensations in the leg are better than, say, March 2020, but they're still there, and I don't know why, the fasciculations that are most in the left half of the body... still the thought of ALS haunts me...
Stability, motors, toe, heel all right, but I'm afraid it might come when I'm in trouble for "only" 10 months.
From the heart thank you for the reaction

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Lucy,
I don't see any reason for you to worry about ALS. If your thyroid levels need boosting, I hope you are looking into that as it could help you.

It seems like the most serious problem is the strong pain in your back, so I would ask about seeing a physio who focuses on the spine. Pregnancy can worsen problems like that for some women. Massage might also help. Cold and damp can make these worse, as well.

Likewise, pregnancy can cause or worsen deficiencies that could be affecting you, like iron and B vitamins. So if you are not supplementing these (in small doses, like the RDA levels), that could be another thing to try.

You acknowledge that your problems are worse when you are stressed, and you don't mention a partner who is helping you with these feelings, so I wonder if you might benefit from counseling to get ready for the baby (congratulations!) and help address any issues that might be holding you back in doing that.

Best,
Laurie

Hi Laurie, thank you so much for your reaction. I'm concerned because most of the muscle behind is on the left side of the body-mainly the left leg from the knee down. Despite this, there was an EMG with no findings in three muscles. But I know there are other things...
I'm also terrified by the throbbing sensation on my buttocks, the vibrations in my left knee.I'm waiting for weakness and other things to come... all this has been going on for almost 11 months.
Instead of a relaxing pregnancy, I'm afraid of what's coming.

Dear, please react to the meme of fear of ALS! I was desperate, I'm so scared! Now my bones and joints started to hurt-hands (wrists and toes) feet (ankle, knee ...)

You haven’t mentioned how far along your are in your pregnancy. Carrying a baby can cause a lot of discomfort in areas because your carrying more weight. Babies shift regularly and can put pressure on areas causing muscle aches and tingling. Weakness. I had severe pain in my buttocks for some reason myself. Also like Laurie said you need more vitamins and proper nutrition. A baby takes a lot from you and if your not supplementing you can become quite weak in legs arms etc. And if your really anxious about your health that can cause health issues in itself. Try and enjoy your pregnancy and talk to your dr and make sure you don’t need supplements. I’m not an expert on ALS and it progresses differently for everyone but from everyone I’ve spoken to or read it seems to start in a hand or foot and goes from there. One of the worst things u can do is self diagnose or google. When your afraid reading wrong information (and there are a lot of sites that have them) only magnifies everything. I’m not a dr so this is not anything but my own experiences but most of your symptoms I’ve heard or had myself when I was pregnant. As hard as it may be. Don’t obsess. Stop reading the net and if your dr has done an emg and hasn’t found any reason to believe it’s ALS I would go to your ob/gyn and discuss this with them.
Congrats on the baby

Cindy

Hi Cindy,I am in a 24-week pregnancy. Yes, I have pain in the lumbar region, but more on the right side, and I perceive the problem most in my left leg. I am afraid that it is so localized.The pain in the joints has now stopped, but I can feel the vibration (several times a day) in the shin muscle (t.anterior) of the ankle and slightly even under the heel.Why?? am I so scared that I will only have my babygirl for a short time ...Thank you for your reaction❤️

Lucie,

The questions you are asking are WAY better asked of your primary medical caregiver. I will say that pregnancy will change your body- your joints loosen and all sorts of nerve impingements can happen. Find yourself a physiotherapist or massage therapist and get them to assess you for this and get some relief in your symptoms before your baby is born. For the first little while you won't have time after the birth, and you don't want to start out new parenthood with pain you could have addressed before. The people here can maybe give you advice, but your doctor can actually help you relieve your symptoms. Please keep working with them to track down the cause.

Thanks for the information, I'm tying it❤️Thanks you very much.Unfortunately, the neurologist did not suggest another meeting and my district doctor is not familiar with neurology.Of course, I don't want your diagnosis, just an opinion on whether ALS can manifest itself in this way for 10 months.Thank you for every reaction, I appreciate it so much from you.

If neurology is not very easy to access, I would ask about seeing a physical medicine & rehabilitation (PMR) physician or getting a physical therapy evaluation to see if they can help you.

In other words, we don't think you have a neurological disease, but a physical problem that can be addressed by one of the above, using modalities such as stretching, massage, heat, maybe TENS, ultrasound, etc. in a manner that does not affect your baby-to-be. That is what PMR and PT are trained to do -- come up with a plan and improve your movement and pain.

The answer to your question is no, ALS doesn't present with sporadic joint pain and localized vibration.

Hello everyone, thank you for your reaction and I write again that I appreciate them very, very much!
I'm going with another question (I promise I'll be lower)
1 / I can see and feel the muscle twitches in the foot (left leg inner arch) (right leg outer instep) can it mean anything? Native EMG is clean here (9/20)
2 / in the left calf and leg feeling sensitive (tightening, tingling, quickly about fasiculation) needle EMG (9/20) on three muscles completely clean
3 / vibrations around the inner heel of the left foot (feeling of a ringing mobile phone several times a day - coming, going)
4 / joint pain that comes and goes quickly (hands, feet, wrists, knee, foot ...) several times a day

Does this know anyone? God, I'm so scared ...!!!
Thank you for your reactions!
take care

Lucy, you must get ahold of yourself. If you are unable to, please seek help from your doctor. You do not have ALS and coming back again and again asking terminally ill members about your non-ALS symptoms is incredibly unfair. They are going through this disease, or their loved ones are running on little to no sleep caring for them.

Every bit of stress you feel, your baby feels; that is why it is so important to address these fears as soon as you can. You 1000% are not sounding at all like you have the onset of ALS, but it does sound like you need to go back to your doctor to explore why you are feeling this way. This is not the forum for you to find out what we think is wrong with you.

Good luck and please take care of yourself and he little one within.

Hi Lucy,

Once again, it is important you seek in person medical care. In pursuing ALS, you may be ignoring something that can be addressed by your doctors now. I will be closing this thread in the hopes this will encourage you to pursue the appropriate attention, as an ALS forum is not the place for you right now. I have also sent you some anxiety resources via pm. You need to find prenatal support in your home town as well in order to find some ways to reduce your stress while you look for causes for your physical symptoms. This forum can not provide you the support you need currently.

Best wishes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back