Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorrowful,

For some wonderful help and support contact MDA. They are a great source of information and assistance.

sass

Shelly, it sounds as though you're going to the MDA's ALS clinic. I don't know about that one, since the doctor we were to see (Dr Cheema, who initially diagnosed Mom) had left to accept an offer from the neurology folks at St Anthony's. We ended up going there, and they were very sweet. I haven't heard much of anything about any ALS clinics - though I can't feature any of them getting bad "reviews". Good luck with them and let us know what you think. I'm sure we'll get around to calling on them for some services, eventually...

Cheers,
Sorrowful

Yes, it was the MDA/ALS clinic. Dr. Cheema's name was still listed as one of the doctors on the paperwork they sent us. So was the VA neuro we didn't much care for :( but neither are at the clinic now. Old paperwork I guess. They were all great there. We came out feeling very positive.

Shelly,
I haven't been on in a while so I'm glad I did today so I got your message!
I am unaware of anything at St. Anthony's either, but yes, the clinic my mom goes to is Dr. Beson's at Southwest Integris in south OKC. They are wonderful there - very kind and caring. They've done everything they can to accomodate my mom and her symptoms. I really never had an experience with medical personnel where they were so genuinely good and nice.
If you need any really specific information, feel free to private message me. I'm happy to help in any way I can!
God bless,
Nicki

Hey, Sorrowful~

Isn't there a big ALS Support group in the Dallas area? I know there isn't one in Oklahoma at all but the one in Kansas is huge, as well. I just know Borger is much closer to Dallas than Kansas.

The manual we received from the Kansas group was huge and full of lots of information. If you can't find info on a group, holler and I'll see what I can do.

Actually the MDA/ALS clinic in OKC (Integris medical clinic? - corner of Western and 44th) does have a support group. I can't remember the meeting schedule but they told us about it when we were there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back