Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
BR
State
AL
City
Maceio
Back in the end of november/2020 i started feeling a kind of agony while using my right hand thumb and index, mainly at morning and night. I'm a "gamer" aswell vídeo editor, i spend alot of time in front of a computer, and had a left side stiff neck. My cousin, who is a generalist doctor, told me to talk with a neurologist. I waited 45 days before making a appointment, and only did so becausa started googling symptons and getting scared. He did clinical examination, force tests and said that i was ok and prescribed a medicine por anxiety, valproic acid. I took it for 3 weeks, but only felt my body heavy and decided to stop it.

Then i started having fasciculations all Over The body, sometimes felt The agony in the left hand aswell, and finally found about als and emg, and did The exam in my arms and legs wich came clean, i asked directly about als and The doctor in a very calm manner said, its not that, actually you have no problem.

I felt a heavenly peace that Day, but after one month i started getting scared with another symptons, my left hand index started spasming by itself and by some strong stimulus and Then by any stimulus, the fasciculations began to show predominantly on the left side, before Just moving The muscle would make it stop, now it continues, and i started running and after two days a thin pain started only on left leg aswell a stranger weakness on left thigh as trying to lift my leg from behind, to shower the soles. (i felt alot of mild pain in both my hands, left knee, and The most strange, a big chock a few times in my back, strong enough to make me jump from the chair.)

Two times i experiencid short of breath for days, but tought it could be only from anxiety or reflux. Now im totally lost, ive read everything about als, im living in fear, there is not a Day i dont think about it, i can only hope its some kind of somatization. Im going again to The neuro and to The Psichyatrist soon. (sorry for my Basic english)

I forgot to say that in september i had bells palsy, and that in november i had severe headache and fear of having AVC, and one night, midnight i was at my PC watching some videos when all of a sudden felt a weakness in my whole body and a dizzyness, i smelled blood too, i called my brother who spent The night with me, and nothing more happend that night. After this episode i felt my left shoulder and arm and legs heavy for three weeks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello-

Please read here: Read Before Posting

It covers the usual reasons that people find themselves here. You declare a lot of pain symptoms and things like dizziness, smelling blood, etc- these are not considered part of the pattern of symptoms that indicates ALS. This is good news for you.

All the best with your next doctor's appointment. I am sure they will once again tell you it's not ALS. Hopefully you will be able to be reassured by this.

All the best

I don't see any reason to worry about ALS. I also don't see any reason for you to be using valproic acid, so I would ask about that if you still are.

If the Bell's palsy was not adequately treated, it can take longer to recover overall. I would ask about physical therapy, as is often used. I believe that could help you feel better.

Best,
Laurie

Yes, i'm aware that many of my symptons come from anxiety and maybe gad, i've been doing
cognitive behavioral therapy for two months already, and i'm sorry to be one of the many "probably" hypochondriacs scared of als, i've read the thread and found alot of useful information, thank you alot! 😄

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back