Status
Not open for further replies.
By all means get the computer You don't have ALS.

Good luck with your career
Pat

Since you did ask bluntly... If I were you I'd...

1. Go to the doctor (there or here, just go),
2. Get a very thorough exam,
3. Spend lots of money on lots of tests and get:
a. Peace of mind,
b. a di ag no sis of ALS, or
c. a di ag no sis of something else that is treatable.
4. Save up for a new laptop.
5. Purchase new laptop.

There you go. Plan of action, itemized in order of importance, and easy to follow. Have a great life! And if you get (b.), come back and see us.

Until becoming ill I worked in China on their healthcare reforms for three years up until the end of 2010.

Fitzroy - wow! Three years, huh? Did you love it? What cities were you in?

I actually was working and travelling there for a little longer than I mentioned. I spent most of the first year in Beijing and then settled in Shanghai for the remainder. But, I spent time in most of the tier 1 cities and several of the tier 2 as well as a lot of time in the countryside.

You're not that far from Shanghai. If I were you, I'd still find a GP at one of the Expat hospitals there. Check the ShanghaiExpat dot com website for some options. It shouldn't be more than a day trip.

Ok, thanks! I've been here for 4 1/2 years (though not consec.) and I've never been on a train by myself! I find it daunting. :) But you make it sound really easy, so maybe I will! Thanks!

Toto - sorry I'm just now getting around to answering your questions - I'm none of those. I'm here on my own. But I liked Fitzroy's suggestion - just hopping on a train to Shanghai sounds do-able.

As I read the posts on this sight, people sort of develop a voice, you know? Yours is one of my favorite. :) Hope you're having a good day.

Why, thank you for the compliment. Keep us posted.

Toto

You still owe Patricia that apology......you seem to have overlooked your rudeness to her....I AM WAAAAAITING!

You can't come here ask for advice then attack a forum member!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back