Learn about ALS
Country
US
State
Illinois
City
Mount Prospect
Hello All,
I am new to the community and I do not have ALS. I do however have extreme panic and anxiety disorder and hypochondria. On my relentless search for answers I have read countless articles and stories of PALS.

I just want to take a second and thank you for all of the time and effort you spend and put into on this forum for others, including myself who asked questions which were answered so very promptly and kindly. I want to let you know that you are not alone, and even those of us without this terrible disease are thinking about you, praying for you, and will continue to spread awareness for a cure to this disease.

I am beyond humbled when reading all of your stories. I think about my life and the things that 'stress' me out and feel ashamed that I complain about ANYTHING. I am so inspired by all of your strength and courage. You are *all* heroes to me.

I pray for everyone on this forum every night and will continue to do so.

Thank you for all you do,

-Chikid

Hi Chikid, I hope you are receiving help for your anxiety so that you can REALLY live your life. Thank you for your kind words. I don't believe we are heroes. Heroes, get to make a choice as to their actions and cause. We don't. We are here only because we didn't have a choice. We are tied by a fatal disease. We are here to support each other through each and everyday. We come here... because no one should deal with this disease... without others who understand

We have bad days, sad days and downright horrible days. Anxiety is something we all struggle with here. We do understand that life is to short to stay in that mode for to long. People depend on us, love us and need us.

If you really are thinking of those affected by ALS than do these three things.

1. Make sure to defeat Anxiety by seeking medical help...it works and you can be free.
2. Get out enjoy life and make a change.
3. Promise yourself that you will not go on forums where you do not belong.

I wish you luck.

Ditto what Deb said.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back