Not open for further replies.

movies97123

Reason
Other
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
UK
Hi, how can I be sure is not ALS? I am very anxious and scared and I do have a lot of symptoms ongoing for months:
1) muscle twitching
2) random pains in legs arms that keep for few minutes at the time
3) headaches daily
4) sometimes pins and needles

I have seen a consultant and I did the following tests and are all clear. Can i completely rule out ALS and other muscle dystrophy diseases?

1) blood tests - clean, only vit D deficiency
2) brain MRI - clean
3) EMG - clean

Now, the neurologist put me on amitriptyline 25mg which settled down the pains a bit, but the twitching is still there.

I'm sorry, but we don't diagnose folks here. You've been cleared of ALS by tests and having no symptoms of ALS, so I won't guess what is going on with you. It's best to continue with your doctor. Also, you can read the IMPORTANT, READ FIRST sticky

Best of luck to you and take good care.

A clean EMG generally rules out motor neuron diseases such as ALS and myopathies such as muscular dystrophy, as well as some other disorders. As importantly, you have not described either.

It is always advisable to correct a Vitamin D deficiency, which can cause some of the issues that you describe. I would seek insight into issues such as daily headaches with your GP. These can relate to nutrition, stress, and other correctable causes. The MRI ruled out a tumor or vascular issue, so most likely these can be improved. Therapeutic massage and/or physio may be helpful.

The good news...you do not belong here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back