Diagnosis
01/2014
Country
US
State
UT
City
taylorsville
I had my second ALS Clinic today....and I am just exhausted. My results were as I thought; decline in speech, lower oxygen level, some atrophy in my hands and feet, and weakness in my hands and fingers.
I had a different doctor, and liked her a lot better...she actually listened to my concerns and took extra time addressing them. I felt like I learned something today, and she talked me into Neudexta........even though it chapps my ass to spend 193.00 dollars a month on a prescription.
They also gave me a pneumonia vaccine......and while I am whinning, I have to say it hurts like hell tonight..................
Rant Over:mrgreen:

>I had my second ALS Clinic today....and I am just exhausted. My results were as I thought; decline in speech, lower oxygen level, some atrophy in my hands and feet, and weakness in my hands and fingers.

ditto that, Mark -- feelin' your pain Bro ...

Thank goodness you're not a horse!

>Thank goodness you're not a horse!

ah, but big as ...

Thank god you're not a jackass

>I had my second ALS Clinic today....and I am just exhausted.

How many PALS in the group?

How are your numbers, FCV, pinch, etc? Wish they could do something about the gaggig ...

>If i was a horse they'd shoot me

actually I think this is apropo ---

>I had my second ALS Clinic today....and I am just exhausted.

How many PALS in the group?

How are your numbers, FCV, pinch, etc? Wish they could do something about the gaggig ...

There were about 6 others with their cals, but we were all put in separate exam rooms and the docs and therapists etc. just made their rounds to each room. I need to read the report to know the pinch and FCV.
The doc called today and requested that I come back sooner than my next clinic, and have my diaphragm evaluated....she says I might be looking at surgery for diaphragm pacing....yippee!
I am unfamiliar with that procedure... so I need to read my stickies I recon.

Look at the bright side Mark. You got to spend time with a bunch of pretty girls fusing over you. Any other time or place your wife would have been threatening to cut something important off

>There were about 6 others with their cals, but we were all put in separate exam rooms and the docs and therapists etc. just made their rounds to each room.

ours is different. there are about 30 of us in a central place to mill & wait for each of the 8 disciplines so there is a lot of social stuff. next time i go I'll get my numbers and history ...

Look at the bright side Mark. You got to spend time with a bunch of pretty girls fusing over you. Any other time or place your wife would have been threatening to cut something important off

Ahh so true Dalvin...this is the first appointment I have taken the Warden (wife) to. When I got in the exam room all of the nurses were poking theirs heads in our room and saying HI to me. I guess they couldn't unsee me and all of them seemed to remember me.

>I guess they couldn't unsee me and all of them seemed to remember me.

I'm betting you are a memorable sort of character :)

Attachments

• 031.JPG
    031.JPG
    158.1 KB · Views: 407
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back