Diagnosis
6/2011
Country
US
State
il
City
orland park
What if we as a community, donated whatever we could afford to a person in bad need.
Maybe a person with extra time, maybe someone who has lost their love to als. Could take in some kind of application or letter,with an address and we would all send a donation to them, who would then send it on to a person. Just like they did for the bullied gramma. We could start with the last poster that was asking for help. We could as our friends for some informal donations. It's just an idea that was floating in my head. It would need some work. And people could just send what they could easily afford. I don't know what do you guys think? We could do it once a month or?

It's a very generous idea; I'm aware of a few Facebook groups who do this. ALS Guardian Angels for example.

I personally don't think this forum is the appropriate setting for fundraising.

Please send me ideas...pros, cons?.. Thanks

I think it is a very nice Idea--even if you can't give to all or very much. It would have to be handled by a moderator-- and be anonymous. but--who makes the decision of who gets the money? I think Sadie Mae started something like this separate from the forum, but I don't know what happen to it. it was to help out members who were hurting and needed a little financial help.

I like the idea but sounds hard to handle. I am definitely not up to it.

I wish you luck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back