Diagnosis
01/2018
Country
US
State
Idaho
City
Leadore
Kim, thanks for you sweet reply. Because we are residents of Idaho, there has been an issue trying to find a doctor in California when we are here. The hospital put us in touch with a large medical group in Chico and we had the first appointment yesterday. We were assigned to a PA which was fine. However within three minutes of meeting us she said that UCSF frequently made mistakes on diagnosis and she thought it was Lyme Disease. So wanted me to take three different antibiotics for ten days, then get blood work done to verify her guess. Wants my husband to cook organically, purée the food, and use that instead of the Jevity. I have never questioned UCSF regarding their diagnosis. I really think we need someone else but would like input from this group

Re: PALS chat thread ( PALS only please)

Moved to own thread from the PALS chat thread as it deserves its own conversation.

Lyme disease- that's a doozie of a thing to say to a person you've only seen once, and only 3 minutes in to the appt.

Last edited:
Re: PALS chat thread ( PALS only please)

That would be fine, thanks. I have had 2 EMG, 5 visits to the ALS clinic, and blood work for tons of things including Lyme Disease. I just have to believe that it’s ALS and that there is no need to do all of this again

You have got to be kidding!

No, I'm sure you're smart enough not to take 3 abx on a "guess" about infectious disease. Lyme isn't diagnosed like that (I've had it.) Run far away.

Best,
Laurie

I am truly horrified. Definitely don’t go back/ follow her advice

This is a primary care group that the hospital found for follow up? In other words they had to get you a place to follow up and this group was on the list as accepting new patients?

Since it is a large group consider reporting her to the medical director of the group. She has an agenda and is going to be doing this to other patients with various presentations.

Definitely don’t take the meds prescribed in such a cavalier manner.

I am sorry you had to encounter this

I’m so glad you are all accepting my feelings about this . I got on line after I posted and find that she specializes in tick diseases. After looking at the other doctors/PAs in the group, it looks like they all have their own telephone numbers and billing abilities. There art 10 PAs in the group and only one other doctor who only works part time and the CEO for this group. I have a great doctor in Idaho who has had four patients with ALS. it is very difficult to find a doctor but I’ve been told about a new neurologist in a town 20 miles away. Think I may try to get an appointment with her.

I'm just so sorry you had to hear yet another Lyme cult proclamation. I think it is so irresponsible to prescribe 3 antibiotics on a "guess." It's no wonder there are so many super bugs out there due to over-prescribing antibiotics.

I read your post last night and thought about it. Sure, good organic food in a Vitamix might be better for your general health than Jevity, but that's a personal decision.

PAs must report to a physician. If you have the energy and time, you might want to tell the doctor about your appointment. I say this because others might hear the same line and even start taking the antibiotics. I found that people, both practitioners and patients who are on this lyme kick, are relentless. Facebook has groups of them trying to convince PALS and people with other diagnoses that they have lyme disease. Then they start popping antibiotics and that throws off the balance of bacteria in their gut, making everything worse.

Again, I'm so very sorry you had to put up with that nonsense.....even if it was for only three minutes.

Kim, I have decided to do that. She was just looking to enhance her finances based upon my return visits to get results, etc. She listened to my lungs. That was the only exam she gave to me. No questions regarding my experience and tests at UCSF although I brought the info on past visits to my doctor in San Francisco. She said that UCSF had falsely diagnosed an Altzhimers patient and also one with MS. This had nothing to do with me and my experience with them. Nutrition is her other expertise. I felt that this was why she wanted me off the formula and have my husband who is my sole caregiver cook and puree the food. I have maintained the weight and my stomach accepts the formula just fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back