Status
Not open for further replies.
Tara,

It is so great that you can give Neil such a variety of flavors. Best I can manage for Eileen is vanilla with some chocolate syrup. But then ice cream and mashed potatoes are about the only items she can swallow anyway. All we can do is help them enjoy what is possible and not fret over anything else.

Larry
Hi Larry, thanks for your reply! I won't be telling Neil that Eileen gets chocolate sauce - he'll be wanting some too! 🙂

my husband loved Dove Chocolates (dark only) and chocolate ice cream. he ate both daily until the day he died. I was happy to provide it -- biggest draw back for Cals is joining in on the fun! we gain when they cant...lol

Welcome, Tara. I loved your description of reading past posts. That’s exactly how I felt when I was lurking. I learned more here than anywhere else, and being prepared for things has helped me smile through some episodes that would have been very traumatic for my husband and I otherwise. He now takes my lead when I am calm and tell him that it’s no big deal and to be expected.

Great job on the ice cream! I used to worry about my husband’s diet because he is a diabetic. Now I give him massive doses of insulin and feed him what he likes!

I’m sad that you had to, but am glad that you found us.

Becky

We find a new normal every day and enjoy it the best we can. Love ice cream and now more than ever the milkshakes!

my husband loved Dove Chocolates (dark only) and chocolate ice cream. he ate both daily until the day he died. I was happy to provide it -- biggest draw back for Cals is joining in on the fun! we gain when they cant...lol

Hi Barbie,
It's so true, because I always eat it with him and I keep thinking I shouldn't... but then I think, it's not like I ever sit down any more! Surely I earn my daily ice cream, and I am pretty sure I work it off emptying urine bottles alone! :smile:

Welcome, Tara. I loved your description of reading past posts. That’s exactly how I felt when I was lurking. I learned more here than anywhere else, and being prepared for things has helped me smile through some episodes that would have been very traumatic for my husband and I otherwise. He now takes my lead when I am calm and tell him that it’s no big deal and to be expected.

Great job on the ice cream! I used to worry about my husband’s diet because he is a diabetic. Now I give him massive doses of insulin and feed him what he likes!

I’m sad that you had to, but am glad that you found us.

Becky

Hi, Becky. Thank you - I'm happy to have found you guys. here is some solace in knowing you are not alone out there. I too used to fuss about the wine, the chocolate, the ice cream & desserts.... Now it just seems kind of pointless. Neil has asked me to research getting a juicer, so I am thinking at least that will be healthier. And perhaps down the road a juicer will be a good thing to have, when he can't eat as well as he used to.

We find a new normal every day and enjoy it the best we can. Love ice cream and now more than ever the milkshakes!

Hi Stan, that's a great attitude! I am trying, and so is my PALS... sometimes it's hard, but after all, all you can do is the best you can! Enjoy your milkshakes!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back