00/0000
Country
AU
State
NY
City
Manhattan
Thankyou for your time.

I'm a 35yo mum of 2 young children, and initially visited a neuro 2 years ago to assess numbness of the skin on my big toes - I realise numbness points away from ALS, but want to give a full picture.

It persisted and he said to re-visit if it hadn't improved so I did almost a year later. Mentioned that I also had a feeling of weakness down my left side, given a full MRI of brand and spine - all clear. Great. Carry on.

Since then (about 1 year ago) the left side weakness has persisted and become slightly worse, it's like a stinging 'nerve-y' feeling worse after a shower, but I can still do everything. It is a feeling only. I have twitching all over (like everyone here by the sounds of things) including occasionally my tongue which is quite unsettling.

Other more concerning symptoms are:

- the finger twitching, worse on the left hand
- left hand feels difficult to open at times but again, no loss of strength
- increased saliva and tongue discomfort
- in the past 12 months I've found it more difficult to speak, this is hard to explain, my verbalisation in general is perfect, but recently it's more and more difficult to say 's' words.
- calf pain, more recently upper quad pain travelling into glutes

Should note that I don't have any difficulty with eating.

Thankyou so much for taking the time to read and comment.

It sounds nothing like ALS to me. Twitching can be anything from vitamin deficiency to simple dehydration. And 2 years in you would be significantly impaired by anything sinister. Keep working with your GP. You need not worry about ALS.
Vincent

Thankyou Vincent, I really appreciate your reply and reassurance! I had hoped given the time line it was unlikely. Back to the GP I go. Thanks again :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back